Best fuel can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried the diesel can? Does it have a bigger spout to flow the more viscous fluid quickly? I've been using a vent free kerosene can for the last few years, but it's for sure inadequate.
If you use a funnel the mouth is a lot bigger. A big PLUS is you don't have to fight the truck stop diesel pump fillers into the jug.

Are these "No Spill Jill" cans the same ones I've seen all over the place for the last 5yrs or so, or is this some new design on the whole enviro can BS. I bought a few of the CARB 5 gallon cans about 6 yrs ago when these designs first came out & they were utterly useless. Won't flow, won't vent, etc. Now these new "no spill by jill" cans look alot more complicated than the older CARB can I was just referencing, never mind a plain old conventional gas can. They have little pieces, moving parts, things to manipulate, things to lose, etc.

So here is my question to y'all that are in love with them. Are you comparing the "no spill" brand to earlier ventless CARB cans or regular plain jane gas cans, you know the ones that were around for a 100yrs before the gov decided to make things complicated. Which are you comparing to? I refuse to buy the new ones just because of my last experience with the enhanced safety style. I mean, I can't even get them into automobiles with the idiotic nozzle design & when I do, I can't empty the can as the nozzle isn't long enough not well it bend. It usually won't make it past the filler tube metal flap found in most cars. & no, I don't want to use a funnel..lol. I want to grab the can, mindlessly stick it & dump. Do these new cans allow that?

Are these "No Spill Jill" cans the same ones I've seen all over the place for the last 5yrs or so, or is this some new design on the whole enviro can BS. I bought a few of the CARB 5 gallon cans about 6 yrs ago when these designs first came out & they were utterly useless. Won't flow, won't vent, etc. Now these new "no spill by jill" cans look alot more complicated than the older CARB can I was just referencing, never mind a plain old conventional gas can. They have little pieces, moving parts, things to manipulate, things to lose, etc.

So here is my question to y'all that are in love with them. Are you comparing the "no spill" brand to earlier ventless CARB cans or regular plain jane gas cans, you know the ones that were around for a 100yrs before the gov decided to make things complicated. Which are you comparing to? I refuse to buy the new ones just because of my last experience with the enhanced safety style. I mean, I can't even get them into automobiles with the idiotic nozzle design & when I do, I can't empty the can as the nozzle isn't long enough not well it bend. It usually won't make it past the filler tube metal flap found in most cars. & no, I don't want to use a funnel..lol. I want to grab the can, mindlessly stick it & dump. Do these new cans allow that?

I've looked at "The No-Spill" fuel cans carefully. I could be wrong, and maybe there is a way, but I don't see them as being capable to fill an automotive fuel filler tube w/o a lot of fuss and muss. I'm sure that you would need a funnel.

Just looked into them in the net real quick after that post. I concur, there would be no way to tilt it upwards to drain more than a 1/4 out of the can. I did find an extension made by them but it's only 6 inches & it's got some sort of plug at the end of it that would keep it from fitting in the hole. I'm not sure if it was flexible either.

I've looked at "The No-Spill" fuel cans carefully. I could be wrong, and maybe there is a way, but I don't see them as being capable to fill an automotive fuel filler tube w/o a lot of fuss and muss. I'm sure that you would need a funnel.
They are no good to fill a car or truck, but work fantastic for tractors, mowers, chain saws, etc.!!!

The No-Spill cans are no comparison to the cheaper "CARB" junk cans. They are MUCH better!!!

I like the No-Spill cans as good, if not a little better than the plain old cans...

Just looked into them in the net real quick after that post. I concur, there would be no way to tilt it upwards to drain more than a 1/4 out of the can. I did find an extension made by them but it's only 6 inches & it's got some sort of plug at the end of it that would keep it from fitting in the hole. I'm not sure if it was flexible either.

if an extra 6" cant get u in then u have an issue! website says they are flexible. for 4 bucks its gotta be a winner.
http://www.nospill.com/Products.html (scroll down a bit)

Thinking about the new useless gas cans makes my blood pressure spike. The one I use most is a 5 gallon early EPA that had the ventless design but not the spill proof feature. After using it a couple of times, I drilled a 3/16" hole where the flip cover should be and it's now functional. Obviously that hole allows dirt in and vapors out, but at least I can fill the mower in under 10 minutes. Several vendors on Ebay sell replacement vent caps and I need to order enough for every can in the shed.

I bought another 2 gallon can for my saws from WalMart that just defies belief. In their zeal to create a gas can that doesn't leak vapors, the designers built a can that requires spilling liquid gasoline all over the ground while fueling. It's literally impossible to use the can without dumping fuel on the ground, saw, and one hand. I carry a glove for exactly that purpose.

When I go home for Independence Day I will have some of Jills jugs.

I agree. I had the middle seam on a No Spill can separate and leaked five gallons of gas onto shop floor. Was lucky it did not ignite. Sold all plastic cans and went to steel.

Although I do have several of the old-style plastic fuel cans, that very issue is always on my mind. I keep them in my garage, but I keep very little fuel in just one of them. Even still, if it leaked, that's about all it would take to create some vapors and then have the water heater ignite them.

We have a yard sale planned soon. Think I just might sell all my plastic cans and replace them with all new metal ones.

I agree. I had the middle seam on a No Spill can separate and leaked five gallons of gas onto shop floor. Was lucky it did not ignite. Sold all plastic cans and went to steel.
No-Spill Brand? Or one of the cheap modern no spill safety cans.

Never heard of that before.

Did you contact No-Spill about it?

You can still get "real" fuel jugs from VP, though they are labeled as not for use with liquid fuels to comply with idiotic fedgov regulations. Technically, I think they're only legal for racing. Cabelas sells them and they are all over ebay. I'm lucky enough to still have plenty of real cans left from before our govt went insane. I have 4 1 gal cans for 2 stroke mix that have a capped spout on one end and a capped vent hole at the other end and I have several 5 gal cans that are the same - spout at one end, vent hole at the other.

Back