Best quality oil for fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm presently running G-oil. I got several bottles on clearance at MalWart, very good deal.

103 replys and 11 days later no one brought up GaryGoo? what is this place coming too? I do try to use Stihl syt. as much as possiable, 50:1 in my saws all though I am starting to think I may need to do something for my 084 cuz any parts, arent cheap if you can find them, although are most made of unoptanium All though I am unsure fo what direction to go? Maybe Ill keep reading other oil threads to see if there is anyother better info out there. oh yeah IBL

. . . how do we make SURE that every last molecule of oil leaves the little bottle and ends up in the fuel can? Are you all letting the little bottle drain into the fuel can overnight?

If it is going to be cold outside, I DO try to bring the small bottle of 2-cycle oil in the house overnight, before pouring it into the fuel can, so that it all (most) drains out. Warm cab of a pickup truck might also work. (I don't bring the gasoline or mixed fuel in the house).

Philbert

Just a question about the Husqvarna LS+ oil. Does it contain a fuel preservative? The dealer where i bought it said it does, but i cannot find any info from Huski that conforms this. Not a huge deal, but i have a different mix in a separate container for some saws that don't get used much. Would be nice to not have to throw it away if i don't use it in under 12 weeks.

The MSDS dated 3/30/06 put out by the blender (Spectrum) says yes.

Fuel Stabilizer101-96-2 <2
OSHA/ACGIH

Thanks KenJax. If a fuel stabilizer is added, how long is it effective? I have a source for non-ethanol fuel and prefer to mix several gallons at a time. But I might not use the entire quantity for 2-3 months.

2-3 months is about the longest I'll use mix if it's e free. I don't add stabilizer to mine and will usually not have it over a month before it's used up.

Im trying some castor 927 in a saw right now. I like it pretty well. Smells good, tune doesn't change between mixes, and it lubes well. Only down side to me is it burns a little bit dirtier than K2 or H1R, and it doesn't have any color to it. Did I mention it smells good :D?

I was just outside blowing snow (for the 3rd time today) and when i filled the tank i added a little Klotz R50 just for the smell lol

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Pour the oil in the can,then pour a little gas in the bottle,put the lid on and shake the hell out of it,pour it in the can and your good to go.

I'll have to figure something else out. I learned long ago to add the oil to the can BEFORE I go to the station to fill the can with fuel. No mistakes that way. BUT, it means I have no gas on hand to use to clean the oil bottle.

I'll have to figure something else out. I learned long ago to add the oil to the can BEFORE I go to the station to fill the can with fuel. No mistakes that way. BUT, it means I have no gas on hand to use to clean the oil bottle.

Do it after you fill the can. Put your oil in the can,go fill the can,put a little in the bottle and clean the bottle out.

And if you use stabilizer pour it in the bottle to clean it shake it and then pour it in the can.

Do it after you fill the can. Put your oil in the can,go fill the can,put a little in the bottle and clean the bottle out.

And if you use stabilizer pour it in the bottle to clean it shake it and then pour it in the can.

What's a good choice for stabilizer?

How long is the mix good when using Synthetic oil, E free gas, and stabilizer?

hseII

I use Startron. With E free gas i would says it should be good for 6 months.

If you use Husky XP,Stihl Ultra,Echo Power Blend,and i'm sure there are more but those have stabilizer in them already

Im trying some castor 927 in a saw right now. I like it pretty well. Smells good, tune doesn't change between mixes, and it lubes well. Only down side to me is it burns a little bit dirtier than K2 or H1R, and it doesn't have any color to it. Did I mention it smells good :D?

Ive been running Klotz Super Techniplate for so long now I cant tell you how many years its been. Everything from a 2 stroke drag bike, motocross bikes, mowers, chainsaws, blowers etc. Does have a distinct smell with the castor oil in it.

A couple years ago I came across a huge amount of 8 oz cans of Lawn Boy Ashless with Stabilizer oil. I started using it in my mowers because Klotz has gotten so damn expensive. I collect mowers also, imagine that. The LB oil runs just fine with no problems but they only run up to 3600 rpm. Anything else with higher rpms I still run Klotz.

Ive come to the conclusion that the best oil is what you like and use. Until someone takes identical equipment and runs every 2T oil out there for identical hours run time, proving one is better than the other, then it is just a toss of the coin as to what you read or someone tells you to run. Buy some oil and run it, if you like it and you have no problems then IT is the best oil to run. There, that should end all oil threads lol.

Like Larry said a few pages back and if you'll look into it alot of these oils are all made by the same company and it goes into whatever branded bottle and voila it's priced by the name not the quality of oil. Alot has to do with the age of the saw newer saws are all 40 to 50 to 1 older saws can range from 20 on up. I've had some older loggers say run 15:1 30:1 20:1. And nowadays alot of the premature wear has to do with the ethanol in the gas not the oil. Alot is preference also, some people like synthetic some don't. And the only reason a dealer will say warranty void for not using our oil is money reasons not because their oil is anymore special or equipment specific.

If you are using an oil that meets the equipment manufacturers service rating requirements (ISO, JASO, API) they CAN NOT deny warranty. Federal law, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. Another part of this law states that if a company will void your warranty for not using their branded products then the manufacturer has to supply them to you free of charge.

Back