body weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked the scales... I've gained 15 pounds over the holidays. No wonder, all my friends do around here is smoke meat and drink beer... Back to diet mode for me. I don't plan on ever getting back up to 240...

lmao, ate a crotch. Sounds like that hurt. I dont really think I can lose alot of weight with my build. I got a bit of a beer gut over the holidays, but I think a realistic goal for me would be 225 lbs.

6'2 and weigh 268 at the doc office a few days ago. I am broad and carry the weight pretty good but I am not comfortable with it and its really not very healthy IMO. I am on a mission to drop some weight. The best shape I was ever in was 225 and could squeeze into a pair of 32 inch waist levis. But I was 25 years old and climbing big trees almost every day. But to answer the OPs question...hell ya big dudes climb!

i weigh 220, have been climbing 16 years, i was around 190 at 20, but i worked a lot harder in the tree then i do now
i did have a flippin bean pole tree break on me about 2 weeks ago, it was about 4" where i made the cut, 10" where it broke at the base
the top was leaning into another tree, when i cut it out the pole started bending and kept bending
i knew it wasnt going to end well, so go figure....
at 190 i might have been fine

Might wanna stick with calling it a "branch union". Eating a crotch doesn't have to be a bad thing but, ya know lol any injuries from the fall?
being 36 and not having the easiest paper route ,at this point it is becoming harder to tell old injuries that I just aggravated or a new one , at the end of the day and as I am rolling out of bed there's a lot pops cracks brief limping and a lot whining LOL

Any weight any size!! If you can climb and watch what your doing all will be fine. I'm 6'5" and about 220. The weights not my issue its age and injurys that slow me down. Had a couple "BAD" years. Lineclearance is a bear.

Have a friend that a GOOD climber he's about 6' and on a light day about 280. Looks like a bear in a tree. He's fun to watch and very agile hangin from a rope. I just shake my head but he LOVES it.

I think most of the climbers I have known are either David size or Goliath size. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Keep in mind that you can generate so much more dangerous force by shock loading trees or equipment that the climber being 100# heaver seems like an afterthought.

Inspect your tie in points and consider sometimes using the tail of your climb line or a second climb line to "double crotch" for added balance or safety.

weight

I am 5foot 10 and 285 and climb , BUT not as fast as a lighter younger man, BUt we can still do it, thats the bottom line isn't it?

Wow, I feel little reading these replys. I'm 6'3" and 210 lbs. Little compared to many of you. When I was in really good shape and running and lifting weights I weighed 185 and benched 290 ..... but no more. That was 10 years ago and 25lbs.

Mike

Wow, this makes me feel tiny, im 6'' 160 lbs and 21, but i guess on the bright side i can work my way out to the ends of those smaller branches lol Just out of curiosity do you guys do prettty well everything for climbing (removals,prunes,cables) not that size or weight would stop you from doing them, i just think pruning seems easier if you can walk out on pretty damn well any branch?

Last edited:
dont let age get ya I am 55, I to am a powerlifter and still in professional class, and my lifts are 550 bench, 700 deadlift, and 850 squat.

2100lbs combined weight? that is pro class & would be worthy of mention???, especially a 550 bench @ 55yrs old???????? @ 285 your weight index would not be pro class though, when i was into it we would go to the state penn lifting challenges......some of the strongest guys are in jail

If what you are saying is true with the above lifts, If I were you I would lose bout 30lbs & compete.....@55yrs old those are impressive #s, I worked out with one of the best known strength coaches in my area.....he was NFL, College & went to a high school level of strength coaching & even he didnt throw up a 550 bench or a 700 pound deadlift.....those are world class numbers & there would be a record somewhere............?

LXT..............

2100lbs combined weight? that is pro class & would be worthy of mention???, especially a 550 bench @ 55yrs old???????? @ 285 your weight index would not be pro class though, when i was into it we would go to the state penn lifting challenges......some of the strongest guys are in jail

If what you are saying is true with the above lifts, If I were you I would lose bout 30lbs & compete.....@55yrs old those are impressive #s, I worked out with one of the best known strength coaches in my area.....he was NFL, College & went to a high school level of strength coaching & even he didnt throw up a 550 bench or a 700 pound deadlift.....those are world class numbers & there would be a record somewhere............?

LXT..............

The numbers are impressive especially at 55, but they are not that uncommon, I have not competed since 1991 at a much younger age and I was doing 525 bench 750 squat 600 dead lift (all USPF numbers) and I was just mediocre maybe slightly better then average in the 275s. I would routinely take a third maybe a second but I was usually a 100-200 plus pounds off the total of the top guys. But then again I was only in my 20s at the time so doing that at 55 is outstanding.

Man, y'all are some strong dudes, those kind of numbers are amazing.

:dizzy:

I will have to make sure I don't insult any chainsaw carrying power lifters, especially if they live close by...

Last edited:
Back