body weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, y'all are some strong dudes, those kind of numbers are amazing.

:dizzy:

Daddycoops numbers are amazing for his age but truly amazing to me was watching guys do things like triple body weight bench numbers. I seen a guy 140 lbs bench 480 and in the same show a guys at 171 do 520 which was 10 pounds more then my bench that day and I was 250lbs Of course the guys that won my class opened at 580 so I was pretty sure what I did really wouldnt matter.

and of course in my case my numbers are in the past tense... even though I still do pretty good its nothing like when I was a kid.

Daddycoops numbers are amazing for his age but truly amazing to me was watching guys do things like triple body weight bench numbers. I seen a guy 140 lbs bench 480 and in the same show a guys at 171 do 520 which was 10 pounds more then my bench that day and I was 250lbs Of course the guys that won my class opened at 580 so I was pretty sure what I did really wouldnt matter.

and of course in my case my numbers are in the past tense... even though I still do pretty good its nothing like when I was a kid.

I would think with a lot of work you could get back there.You should still be able to regain it at your age.

Man, y'all are some strong dudes, those kind of numbers are amazing.

:dizzy:

I will have to make sure I don't insult any chainsaw carrying power lifters, especially if they live close by...

hmmm Ohio and your an animal vet you may already know him.

I would think with a lot of work you could get back there.You should still be able to regain it at your age.

I still do okay but a donated a shoulder knee and a lower back to the citizens of Hartford so I dont go much over 400 maybe 450 on the bench over the winter when tree work is slow and seldom much more then 500-550 on squats still pretty deep but not to the bucket like the old days... My dead lift days are over though I miss it like hell my back cant hang.

I still do okay but a donated a shoulder knee and a lower back to the citizens of Hartford so I dont go much over 400 maybe 450 on the bench over the winter when tree work is slow and seldom much more then 500-550 on squats still pretty deep but not to the bucket like the old days... My dead lift days are over though I miss it like hell my back cant hang.

Thats a damn good bench press right there and no juice too!

My hats off to guys doing that weight, what kills is the weight index & like you said a 175lb guy benching 450 is gonna competitively crush a 250lb guy benching 500.

I just started hitting the weights & ill tell ya...........Ive lost a lot since being cut in half, hell benching 150 @ 8 months outta surgery & its a struggle, I never really applied myself when power lifting..squating & deadlift I was good, but the bench....kicked my but, even with the shirt on I could only do 405.

when we did our 5`s week some of the guys started @ 225 on the bench & ended with 515!!! thats 5 reps each, boy Id feel insignificant starting at 125 & ending in the mid 3`s........however I was lifting after an 8 hr day of tree work........! some of these guys arent naturally pressing that kinda weight though........lots of juice & cheats, Prison lifts.........thats all pretty natural, no shirt, no straps & no juice......so when you see bubba throw up 625......DAM!!

Daddycoop @ 55 godbless ya!!! & keep going, I wouldnt wanna trim trees if I were you, Id compete & in your age class....you`d do pretty dam well.....!

LXT..............

My hats off to guys doing that weight, what kills is the weight index & like you said a 175lb guy benching 450 is gonna competitively crush a 250lb guy benching 500.

I just started hitting the weights & ill tell ya...........Ive lost a lot since being cut in half, hell benching 150 @ 8 months outta surgery & its a struggle, I never really applied myself when power lifting..squating & deadlift I was good, but the bench....kicked my but, even with the shirt on I could only do 405.

when we did our 5`s week some of the guys started @ 225 on the bench & ended with 515!!! thats 5 reps each, boy Id feel insignificant starting at 125 & ending in the mid 3`s........however I was lifting after an 8 hr day of tree work........! some of these guys arent naturally pressing that kinda weight though........lots of juice & cheats, Prison lifts.........thats all pretty natural, no shirt, no straps & no juice......so when you see bubba throw up 625......DAM!!

Daddycoop @ 55 godbless ya!!! & keep going, I wouldnt wanna trim trees if I were you, Id compete & in your age class....you`d do pretty dam well.....!

LXT..............

Most legit powerlifting comps are done by weight classes I use compete in 275s which was 242.75 to 275 I was prolly only around 250-260 in my strongest days but you compete against everyone in your class even steven. So if you are in 275 and weigh 243 its your best numbers even against a guy that weighs 275. No percentage differentials matter just what you push. Most of the good guys compete at like 1 pound under their max. The numbers I quoted earlier for myself were competition lifts with a shirt (old school Inzer) and and knee wraps. Never wore the the suit didnt like them. Personally I dont think the old bench shirts made that much difference, maybe helped a little at lock out or at the bottom but it was not a huge difference if you were doing a legit comp lift with control and pause. Even in the gym I never did bounce much but as most my gym lifts with a shirt and no pause were prolly 10% - 15% higher then my comp lifts. Sauce bags will always be a dime a dozen but lets see what most of them look like at middle age.
daddycoop could compete nationally and do well in the open and would prolly cleanup anywhere in a masters 55 - 59

Last edited:
I am good for

Bench 1 rep 135lb I perfer to not wear a shirt and gel my chest hair straight
Squat 1 rep 185lb
Deadlift 1 rep 205lb

Of course that is wearing my spandex and helmet:msp_thumbsup:

I am pretty weak but I look good doing it!:jester:

Bench 1 rep 135lb I perfer to not wear a shirt and gel my chest hair straight
Squat 1 rep 185lb
Deadlift 1 rep 205lb

Of course that is wearing my spandex and helmet:msp_thumbsup:

I am pretty weak but I look good doing it!:jester:

Thats funny ####... Ive seen you lift 300lb rounds with ease so your full of crap but funny... still ugly though

no way man

Wasn't me you saw lifting anything like that.

If Power lifting had Calf raises I would be World Champ

!

Thanks guys for the great that a boys well taken, and I still do compete at 242 or 275 class and the grand masters and open class, that means everone in my age goup and open means ALL age groups at my weight, and yes I do well, my knees are still great, I do not even wrap them till I go over 500, BUT you always hear OH YOU ARE GOING TO MESS YOURSELF UP with these weights, well 55 and ok still, so guess no validity in that, also do the world strongman for over eight years, yea call me retarded, I just do it cause I can...........Recently have not made a name there for myself in winning but in 2002 I got #2 in the USA there, and yes right along all the stars you saw then and some now, was even on ESPN a few times, I am in the light heavyweights and all the NAME players you see on TV were heavyweights, BUT most of the time I competed right along with them at the bigger venues like myrtle beach, Virginia beach, these were big venues!

I will say I will go out big, no matter how many or how less years that gives me, I love the crowd, love the media, and LOVE to win, and YES it is getting harder as older, but even though my numbers are high as I said, I STILL have many competitors that can and at times do kick my ass, no alot but at times, NOT everyday can you feel like a champion and perform like one.............I know the man in the video above, in fact I travel all over the US competing and I can say everywhere I go I know someone, and yes I was impressed with his lifts, I saw Gene Rychek at times, he is the first bencher in the world to go over 1000, and scott mendelson, and the list could go on I know so many, and each gifted in his own way.
I even been to world meets that I have witnessed bencher presser in wheel chairs that had to be lifted out of the chair to compete, One legged squatters a GIRL, and even a totally blind guy that did all 3 power lifts, I know personally Rebecca Swanson, yes a GIRL that was 1st in the world to bench over 500! So when you see these feats, and look at the effort they put out to get there, ANYTHING that you feel that aches or hurts or you complain about becomes NOTHING, for you should have no pains if these handicapped persons can do it, I see that, I say hell, I have not a problem that I cannot get past, thats the motivation I get from seeing any handicapped persons even have the BALLS to LIFT, and do it without doubt..................

Back