Boot time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a pair of thorogood lace up composite toe waterproof boots in January of this year.
I've really enjoyed them: flat sole, and they are comfortable.
For Ground work, they work for me.

boots on at 630... off when i get out of the tree...light hikers for ground work (unless im working with super-sized logs on the ground)...
lugging steal toed boots around on the ground is bad on the lower back... especially hauling brush... and hurting feet can be dehydration...
never herd that but makes sense

If I'm just doing trimming I ware these low top steel toe tennis shoes l bought at wall mart. If I'm doing removals I ware tennis shoes to the job and put on my heavy boots when I'm ready to start. At the end of the day I take those heavy suckers off and ware flip flops or go socks only for the ride home. I do a lot of traval time in my truck.

Boots go on at 6am and stay on till 6-7 pm
I wear Arb pros for pruning and pfanner zermat chainsaw protect for ground work and removals.
As mentioned above a good pair of insoles goes a long way, I use super feet green. They can be purchased at many out door stores and running stores. I buy them at REI at about 35$ green backs a pair.

Am I the only one who still wears Redwing logger soles? I guess I'm a creature of habit. I'm so used to them that I'm as comfortable in them as anything else. When it gets really cold I wear Mucks insulated rubber boots. I pretty much wear my boots all day until I get home but sometimes I'll wear gym shoes until I get to the job site....mostly in the winter because I don't want my feet to sweat and then get cold later.

Most days from 7AM till around 11PM or so. I wear $50 Walmart specials. Though I guess with all the pain meds I take for my back, maybe my feet are killing me and I don't even notice haha!

Or it could be that the cheap boots are a contributor to your back pain.
Lol!

Nah, my back pain comes from 2 crushed vertabrae and 3 blown discs... fell from a roof in 2010 and broke my back.
I've worn expensive boots and they are worse because they are usually heavier.

Or it could be that the cheap boots are a contributor to your back pain.
Lol!

Nah, my back pain comes from 2 crushed vertabrae and 3 blown discs... fell from a roof in 2010 and broke my back.
I've worn expensive boots and they are worse because they are usually heavier.

Ooo, that's tough!
I had a prolapsed disc once and that felt bad but I can't imagine your pain.

Wife just ordered me arbpro's for my b-day, I'm excited! Wondering if they can tolerate removals?

I know guys that use them for removals, and they are always complaining about foot arch pain. I have used mine for small removals 2 hrs or less. If I have to do anything larger I switch to my pfanners.

Good to know, most our removals are pretty quick up and down. We do get some monsters that need to be rigged out and a lot more time in spurs, which sucks no matter what boot you have.

Maybe it's the boots, maybe it's that I've used them for so long but removals with climbing spikes don't bother my feet at all. I could spend 6 hours climbing with them and be fine. But....if I had to do a removal that required 6 hours of climbing....I wouldn't be too happy about it these days. Someone else can do that.

Red Wing #2233.
Been wearing this style for many years
Most mornings Timberline Pro steel toe shoes and swap to the Red Wings if I'm teaching welding lab.
Keep an old pair for saw work.
6:30-5pm most days 8:30pm every other night
Never hurts to keep extra wool blend sox around unless you like growing mushrooms. Nothing wicks like natural fiber.
Trickiest thing I climb are stairs.

Is it just me or are Westcos not worth the money I bought a pair once, wore out in 2- maybe 2 and half seasons, very expensive had to order them, now I wear redwings, please weigh in.

I don't use the really high ones but I do like the ankle support of a good logging boot.

Llbean cresta hikers are very well reviewed and from personal experience I can say they are more than well worth the money. I have multiple friends who swear b the crestas as well as my brother, wife, brothers wife p, father etc. they are extremely supportive, have a nice roomy toe box and stand up very well. They are also Romanian made. They are also 100% backed by ll bean, if you don't like them for any reason you can return them for full price.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1477...rc=cse.google.0T88904100&cvo_crid=57704133920

I like these Redwings, they're in rough shape but they have over a season on themIMG_20150105_172317_641.jpg

Latest posts

Back