Bought my first Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is bad I haven't even broke the news about buying another saw to the wife and you guys have my talked into buying parts for it where does it end :dizzy: ups guy dropped off my labonville chaps today :clap:she didn't mind me getting them too much said it could of waited till after christmas

I've got a 261 and have been thinking of doing the conversion... I thought it was too expensive, but now it doesn't appears so.

I'll need to find those old threads and see how difficult the process is.

I've got a 261 and have been thinking of doing the conversion... I thought it was too expensive, but now it doesn't appears so.

I'll need to find those old threads and see how difficult the process is.

Ceck your squish before pulling cylinder,subtract thickness of base gasket from that,if 18 thou or more leave base gasket out.use dirko or hondabond or yamabond etc.
mod muffler,asemble.
simple.

After a muffler mod and a flat top piston my 261's run as good as my 262. So I sold my 262. I thought 3 saws this size was excessive and the 262 brought more money than a 261 would.
The first piston from Bailey's had major defects. Pin did not line up in the Boss.
They replaced it with a Meteor with just a phone call. Good Service!
I like my 261"s. I have this thing about wanting two of things.

I'm supposed to be getting a Husky 61 to build for myself. My boss has two 261 Huskys also, and one needs a little work. onna try to talk him out of it also. I think the carb needs rebuilt. The one that runs is'nt a bad saw though. I hope to get the 61 and the 261. BUild them both and sell one of them I reckon. I like this series though.

attachment.php
Dang pic. posting is confusing :cry::cry:

I don't know very much about modding Huskies - can this be done to a 61 as well?

Al.

surely some of the husky guys will post in a while I don't know much about them I am sure you can do a muffler mod and gain a little

Spike60 started a thread on converting a 261 to a 262.

With the new AS, I can't find the thread now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:
Last time I found it I went searched Spikes threads
he started. Now it will not work, I also tried to see the threads
I have started, same thing.

TT

the 261 or 262xp jug will not fit the husky 61 saw. the husky 61 shares jugs with the 266,268 and the 272. the 61 is a little larger saw than the 254,257,261,and the 262 saws. I thought the 261 had a flat top piston and the 262 had a dome piston?

Latest posts

Back