Brand new 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to buy it for sure. I may sell it I may keep it I'm not sure yet

I'm going to buy it i'll post pictures and definitely let you all know what I'm going to do with it before I put it together or put fuel in it

I WOULDNT WAIT TIL FRIDAY TO BUY IT. ID OWN IT BY 9 AM TOMORROW MORNING.

Note: you have brought it to the attention of all of AS that there is a NIB 044 at a dealer for $600. There can't be that many Stihl Dealers in Maryland. I wouldnt sleep tonight if I had just divulged such. I have a 440 Arctic, I wouldn't consider an offer of 2 times that dealers price for mine. Wouldnt give it a second thought. And mine isn't nos... mint but not nos.

Rockjock was pulling our leg. A NIB 044 is probably worth around $900-1000 on the street currently, with some Stihl collectors willing to pay far more than that. For $600- I would be pulling out my wallet without hesitation.

Of course I was my friends! and 044 is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I can see a collector paying some decent coin but for the average joe, it's an old saw from 1988. No warranty, possibly needing a carb kit, new lines and seals.

hope he didn't offer it to the "next" guy that came in after you left. :buttkick:That would suck.
Note: you have brought it to the attention of all of AS that there is a NIB 044 at a dealer for $600. There can't be that many Stihl Dealers in Maryland. I wouldnt sleep tonight if I had just divulged such.
I guarantee you that someone from this forum has already started calling around. ;)

OP, you should probably set up a "black Friday" tent outside of the dealership tonight...... set the tent right up against the front door, so you're the first one in the door in the AM.

I get a kick out of the tents outside of Best Buy every year, but Id be in the first one if the item (044 arctic) was the only nos one avail in existence, the dealer was basically giving it away, and I knew where it was.

Latest posts

Back