Brand new to the site. What to buy?!?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went through the thread and interesting to notice that no one refers Jred 2171 that is the same as a 372 but a tad cheaper, or Jred 2186, or... I think homologous Jred to Husqvarna models are also saws to consider since handles have different relative positions and different operator may find Jred more comfortable to work with.

Goon 88, there are so many options of saws in the class 70 cc - 90 cc and similar models deliver similar qualities that your selection should be at the level of the best local dealer support, just like MotorSeven referred already, and what saw with equivalent output is more comfortable for you. Most important, get personal protection equipment.

PS: A question for all of you fellows, since I am just 1.63 m tall and 54 kg weight, shall I play only with toy chainsaws?... :dizzy:

Last edited:
Hey bud, from a guy your size, I can tell you that I run a 660 all day long (10 hrs) most days during the summer. Cutting big trees ot of fencelines and firewood all winter. The extra power that it has makes work alot quicker and easier. I don't get fatigued near as much as when I do it with a smaller saw. I can also double my production with the 660. I would definetly recommend it as an all day saw for a bigger guy. That or it's husky counterpart, whichever you prefer. I can tell you that I got alot of use out of my old 066 before I sold it to my boss, still running strong. I would also get a 362 for the limbing or smaller trees though. I plan on doing that just for the times I don't need the 660. Prolly mostly for cutting up smaller stuff, limbing, etc. If you had both of those saws, you would be well equipped for anything. Good luck with whatever you do, and stay safe whatever you do.

390XP or 395XP AND a 346XP. I'd run a 3 saw plan if I had the money... 346,372XPW 390XPW,395XPW and 3120XP.... Uh oh. That's 5 saws:dizzy:. Oh well, I'll have the 372 and 95 as backups.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back