Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And when 123cc is still not enough you can always shoehorn in a US820 Copperhead at 134cc

copperheadmac.jpg

And if ones not enough try two i'm easy to get along with

dual2.jpg

Or two 101's

101saw7.jpg

McBob.

Last edited:
It was the same as this one when I got it,
racingsticker.jpg

except it had a hub for a prop on it, I plugged the decomp. It REALLY needs a decomp, I just aint put one on it yet.
I only have $380.00 in it, $180 for a fair looking blown SP125c and $200 for the 101.
Bob, I thought about fixing it up a little but I kinda like it like it is, I can haul it to the camp or where ever without a second thought.

Although not ran in the timber here's my twin 101's running for the first time easy to start one starts the other sound crisp.

McBob.

You should be able to see the two different fan housings although both are chromed one is on a 101aa and the other is a 101b

Here's my twin SP125c

twin125b.jpg

Last edited:
It was the same as this one when I got it,
racingsticker.jpg

except it had a hub for a prop on it, I plugged the decomp. It REALLY needs a decomp, I just aint put one on it yet.
I only have $380.00 in it, $180 for a fair looking blown SP125c and $200 for the 101.
Bob, I thought about fixing it up a little but I kinda like it like it is, I can haul it to the camp or where ever without a second thought.

Their a ##### to start without a decompressor hope you have tough fingers mate they don't have to look fancy to be a great saw but i like a
bit of shine to mine just a personal thing really and shine doesn't make them any faster just prettier on the eyes

The 101d i have above with the twin BDC's was a mungrel it kept bumping the decompressor shut early with the piston just added another washer to
the decompressor and bingo fixed it before it tore my hand off.

McBob.

Hey Larry - haven't seen you post in a while. I think I may have that Super series flywheel cover with the three holes for the starter if you are still looking.

Ron - the two hole for pulling the side cover are tapped 1/4-20, but it turns out they are not the ones Brad was talking about anyway.

Roger Bennet (bennetz? on e-bay) has some reasonable quality reproductions of the flying flag emblem for the starter covers if anyone is interested.

Mark

Hey Larry - haven't seen you post in a while. I think I may have that Super series flywheel cover with the three holes for the starter if you are still looking.
Mark

Mark, Yea life held me up for a while ha! Yes I do still need that cover, funny thing, Dennis, Bob and I were just chatting about that funny little saw the other day. I had forgot all about it till Dennis pulled out a picture of it.

If it will help anyone, I'll shoot the starter cover decal, the SP125 decal, the oil pump decal and the decomp decal, I'v got a fairly nice camera and you should be able to make copies.

Hmmmmm. I like that idea. Do we have any resident expert air brush artists on here. I'm a HUGE fan of flags and eagles!
Yea. One of the members has done a couple bikes and helmets. He posted in either Slamms 441 thread, loggin thread, or the one with Porsches flame saw.

Dennis, at what RPM make 22hp the 101b does?I read all the posts and have seen a comment that makes 22hp now my question is how many rpm?

keihin2@hotmail! We sure have missed you!

Last edited:
keihin2@hotmail! We sure have missed you!

Don't tell me you missed all of us that much and now you've found us do we get more of your emails to block ?

Adam 345 or whatever go build a dyno then build the 101 then tell us if the 22 hp is achievable and at what RPM then all will know savy.

McBob.

Last edited:
I can't believe that cockroach is back again...

Is that RPM's achieving with the ignition pointless or with the breakers I don't think is possible with points don't you no?

Back