Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really interested in seeing how you can get these saws to run in comparison to ported 6 cube modern saws!

Brad, I'm no expert but are you sure that you have a 101B block? Looks to me like your block has a plug for a dsp port and I can't make out the booster bumps on the flywheel side. You can compare blocks when you tear down the other saw. Whatever model yours is, the ports aren't stock. Ron

You can see the boost ports in the first picture of the interior of the cylinder, looking down.

I've seen other 101 blocks that had the compression release on the side.

Thanks for all the input. I'll need it here. This is virgin territory for me. Yeah, I'm concerned about this block. So the concensus is that .080 is the safe maximum? Anyone have a line on a piston? It does look like the exhaust has been raised a lot. It's at a really steep angle upwards. I'll be comparing it to the other block once I get it torn down. Hopefully it's stock. At worse, I guess I'll have to get a pipe and an alky carb, lol. No, I want this to run on gas and muffler.

Brad-

Randy Duncan has a lot of the oversized pistons. I bought a .095" over Wiseco from Hansen Duncan (Randy's dad) when he was still alive and he had five more of them at the time. As much as a pain as Randy is to deal with, he has thousands of desirable NOS kart and saw parts for many brands.

Brad-

Randy Duncan has a lot of the oversized pistons. I bought a .095" over Wiseco from Hansen Duncan (Randy's dad) when he was still alive and he had five more of them at the time. As much as a pain as Randy is to deal with, he has thousands of desirable NOS kart and saw parts for many brands.

He's not that far from here either. I'm in contact with the guy I'm getting the sloper V4 from and he has pistons too. I'm checking to see what's available from him. He's been a pleasure to deal with.

He's not that far from here either. I'm in contact with the guy I'm getting the sloper V4 from and he has pistons too. I'm checking to see what's available from him. He's been a pleasure to deal with.

Yeah Herb is a good old boy for sure.

Hansen was a prince among men. It was a real sad day for gearheads everywhere when he passed on.

Brad we re-sleve blocks at the car dealership all the time, I think if you can hunt down a sleave any competent machine shop can handle the task. We use a screw press to pull the sleve into place. MAN I WISH I KNEW HOW TO SPELL SLEAVE SLEVE GOSH DANG IT!

ARGH SLEEVE! I read it after I posted this and Im to lazy right now to fix it

L.A. Sleeve used to do a lot of these kart blocks and the fixed head saw blocks as well. Back in the day they got some tooling and sleeves directly from McCulloch as McCulloch was going out of business. It's going to be easier (and probably) cheaper to just find another 101 block rather than have that one sleeved.

Latest posts

Back