Building a SP125C / 101B Kart Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez, I came back on page 3 thinking Brad would have a video of it cutting by now (since he never sleeps). LOL

It's going to be easier (and probably) cheaper to just find another 101 block rather than have that one sleeved.

I guess I'll check back in on page 6. LOL

Jeez, I came back on page 3 thinking Brad would have a video of it cutting by now (since he never sleeps). LOL

I guess I'll check back in on page 6. LOL

I'm trying to tell myself that this doesn't have to be done in a week. I've got other irons in the fire and it takes time to find and acquire the parts for these oldies.

Not certain if they have done it before, but if anyone can, try calling RM Motorsports in Wixom, MI. Ask for Craig Bennett. He built and ported my other 101 for Alex Ortiz before I bought it.

There's a ton of those blocks better than that scraped up junker still around. I've got 2 or 3 rotting in my Mac junk pile......but you ain't gettin one Brad......Hahahahahahaha!

There's a ton of those blocks better than that scraped up junker still around. I've got 2 or 3 rotting in my Mac junk pile......but you ain't gettin one Brad......Hahahahahahaha!

Your too kind Dennis! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

AAta boy Brad! NIce saw's. JJ mentioned wiseco, name I haven't heard since well along time. My dirt bike day's put em in our bike's, and they were real popular. Will see ya on the SS island thread.

The last 101 block I got off ebay was only $65 total. It was an .008" over needled block that had a Burris piston in it (Burris made a bunch of odd-sized pistons for the Macs- .008", .016", .024", .032".) I had Terry Ives bore it for a .030" over piston. He charged me 90 bucks and that was with the new piston and rings and shipping.

You guys are all wrong. I'd put it together and run it with a can of "Engine Restore"
engine-restorer-250ml-xlg.jpg

The last 101 block I got off ebay was only $65 total. It was an .008" over needled block that had a Burris piston in it (Burris made a bunch of odd-sized pistons for the Macs- .008", .016", .024", .032".) I had Terry Ives bore it for a .030" over piston. He charged me 90 bucks and that was with the new piston and rings and shipping.
I'd love to come across a deal like that!

Just curious (and I apologise if its been asked before) but how much does a SP125 weigh (before the kart engine goes in it :msp_smile: )

I just got off the phone with Terry Ives. I'm going to send this block to him for boring. He has up to .068" oversized pistons. If that doesn't do it, I think I can source a .090"over piston. It depends on the block how far you can go. He's got the experience to be able to tell. $150 for bore and piston doesn't sound too bad. I'll also have him look at that exhaust port to see of it's too high.

Options are beginning to open up. I believe I have found a good block. I won't know for sure, or have a price until next week.

What do you guys know about a Reed sloper intake that takes a Go Power 6-petal reed block? A Tilly HL bolts on directly. They originally came with a early flatback carb?

Who makes this V4 sloper that I have coming? Is that a Gem product?

Just got off the phone with a good buddy
out in Chico Ca. I may have a rebuildable 101
for my SP125 project. Been meaning to do this
for quite some time. This thread gave me a
good kick.

Lee

Last edited:

Could you please elaborate what a "needled" block is?

I started working on mine, get rwoods going and 4 of us are doing it. Another AS build-off, lol?

Back