Buy the MS 290 or spend the extra money for the more powerful .........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....They gave me such a good deal.....I just couldn't help myself !!
And I think that 13lbs is about my old age limit...But you know, I'll have to check out the new 441....:popcorn:

Now hurry and help me with that tree.....It's gonna whip you good...:msp_biggrin:

Ol' Grits

I cut a 4' pecan Saturday and the 125 just laughed at it.

I went from airplanes and boats to Motorcycles, chain saws and a Dune Buggy......chain saw are CHEAP!!
When the new 441 (or 460) or comes out, maybe I'll buy one.....for now, I'm happy to compare 261 vs 362.

Its your lucky day, the new 460 just came out. Its called 461.

Last edited:
Here's the "rub" Gritz. When that 261 comes back all ported and breathing proper. It should run as good (some would say better) than a stock 362. So you might as well plan on porting the 362, or trading it up on a 70+CC big saw. I still don't think you'll even have a use for a bigger saw after some "monkey work" on your 261.

Here's the "rub" Gritz. When that 261 comes back all ported and breathing proper. It should run as good (some would say better) than a stock 362. So you might as well plan on porting the 362, or trading it up on a 70+CC big saw. I still don't think you'll even have a use for a bigger saw after some "monkey work" on your 261.

At my age, and with all this metal I'm carrying around, I don't think I'll ever need a saw bigger that my 13lb PHO 362 ported....
......The 372 and 441 thoughts are still there though....

Tanaka top handle

I'm not sure that this is the place to ask......
But I'm looking at a Tanaka Pro Top Handle.
.....I've never even heard of Tanaka, but it looks good! 7 year consumer warranty....
And a 3 year commercial warranty...

Any one know the low down on that Tanaka Brand?
Why don't I hear about them more on this site?
Is it because many of them are SMALL saws?

Thanks,
Ol' GritsHole

Back