Caber rings.. now in stock!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do to.............it's just hidden under the pie.

As I was reading your post I was sure it would read "it's just hidden under your skirt" :laugh:

On the whole mess......and in summery.

I buy a lot of parts from Northwood. Sal and company are great.....really great. Period.

They beat Baileys price on shipping and speed for me. At one time Baileys was pretty much the only choice I had on quality aftermarket pistons.......

Now Randy and Henry have become site sponsors.......they will be competing with Northwood and Baileys. That's a good thing.......competition helps both the customer and the retailer. Pencils will be sharpened and the end user wins.

Think of it this way.........I port saws. I'm a site sponsor........John started porting saws and is offering a winter special as an incentive for people to use his services. That's a good thing for the guy wanting a woods port.......and a way for John to get his product in the users hands........not an attack on me. I hope he does well as I'm sure he does a great job.

Randy, I've never had a problem with you, and you know that. I have a problem with others stating, as fact, that Meteor cylinders are as good or better than OEM.

Yes, competition is good. You've proven that already. It's how others go about it that's questionable.

i have missed a lot in the past week of not being on here,,, but i personally i think its time for everyone to go to their own corners and take a deep breath before someone says something they will regret

Randy, I've never had a problem with you, and you know that. I have a problem with others stating, as fact, that Meteor cylinders are as good or better than OEM.

Yes, competition is good. You've proven that already. It's how others go about it that's questionable.

I have no problem with you either Brad.........but we all could do well by learning to temper our opinions a bit.

I seem to remember you saying they were total garbage, not worth installing as if that was a fact.

i have missed a lot in the past week of not being on here,,, but i personally i think its time for everyone to go to their own corners and take a deep breath before someone says something they will regret

Scott my friend, remember that we can disagree without being disagreeable. :msp_thumbup:

I have no agenda.

Me either. I almost bought one yesterday till I found out it was aftermarket and then I refused on the premise that it wasn't good for the community. I may start a thread.

Plus it wouldn't fit under my dang skirt. :msp_mad:

I have no problem with you either Brad.........but we all could do well by learning to temper our opinions a bit.

I seem to remember you saying they were total garbage, not worth installing as if that was a fact.

You worked with a 372 kit that was nice. I worked with a 460 kit that was not. Therefore our opinions differed greatly. That fact that you won't sell them without "blueprinting them is commendable. That's the Randy that I know, that won't let garbage out of his shop:rock:

Also, you've significantly upped the expectations of a port job. That's fantastic for our customers. But, you did so without aggressively undermining the competition. You did so by simply providing a better product. I respect that!

I consider this site to be the best gathering of chainsaw knowledge on the internet. It also feels like a big dysfunctional family sometimes with Parents fighting and Grandpa (Sawtroll) smacking anything that moves with his cane. When I read a thread through like this one, I get that flashback of discontent, especially around the holidays. And they say you can never go back home. Happy Holidays to all!:angel:

I consider this site to be the best gathering of chainsaw knowledge on the internet. It also feels like a big dysfunctional family sometimes with Parents fighting and Grandpa (Sawtroll) smacking anything that moves with his cane. When I read a thread through like this one, I get that flashback of discontent, especially around the holidays. And they say you can never go back home. Happy Holidays to all!:angel:

Indeed,

we put the FUN in dysfunctional!

Yes, and those links to (another seller) (+ the very similar look of the listings on the two sites), is what worries me the most here. This other seller is not a sponsor as far as I know.

Then there are some statements on the website...

If you are referring to Sal aka Northwoods saw...yes he is indeed a sponsor too. However, I don't believe he is an active poster.

Latest posts

Back