Caber rings.. now in stock!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes with Parents fighting and Grandpa (Sawtroll) smacking anything that moves with his cane.

i nearly cracked a rib laughing when i read that :laugh:

all this over some rings what happens when ya'all fight over saws :bad_smelly:

You don't even list the size I need at the moment.

17.99 doesn't beat Sal, not close.

Me thinks 4.99 a piece is Northwoods price, and Sals shipping is very good.

So can you get me two 49mm rings to my door for less than 12 bucks?

Not all of those bulk rings that Sal sells are Caber. In fact, most of them aren't. A lot of those $4.99 rings are bulk lot white-box Taiwanese specials (they come as 100 to-a-box lots.)

There's some differences in fit and finish. With Caber rings you know you're getting the QC.

all this over some rings what happens when ya'all fight over saws :bad_smelly:

The rings are just a minor part of it, as I see it - but all the posts about those rings are blurring the picture....

Yes, and those links to (another seller) (+ the very similar look of the listings on the two sites), is what worries me the most here. This other seller is not a sponsor as far as I know.

Then there are some statements on the website...

Last edited:
You guys have any idea what its like to start a business..damn hard.. that's what... unless your Brad.. he breezes in and out, makes perfect saws every time and never has a complaint or bellyache from a customer. He's the cheapest and best ever. :laugh::laugh:

Henry and I were fixing saws and weedeaters for extra cash to make ends meet and as a relaxation thing in the evenings. Drink a beer and shoot the breeze... just like most of you do!
We were tired of paying high prices for parts and started doing some research and figured if we could get a license, parts would be cheaper. Then we got happy with parts and realized we had to many just sitting around and started selling them on Amazon. His feedback is really good, just read it. Started with $250 because that's all that could be scrape together..

We don't have a huge warehouse full of stuff and don't have the buying power like Bailey's or even NorthWoods. Manufacturers won't even talk to a small guy unless you want to buy by the hundreds and we can't... but I can buy them a few at a time... but at much higher prices and that's the problem. How do you get reduced prices without buying huge volume... partner with a huge supplier....... who is not a sponsor here, that's why the Weedeater site points you to a certain retailer for some products. The fact is he can ship cheap, hold a huge inventory and both you and I save money by shipping direct. I don't want to box your stuff, I don't have the room and it would slow down delivery.. I want my parts now and as cheap as I can get them... just like everyone of you! That's why a box of parts from me shows up with someone else's name on it.. honestly, do you really care... as long as you get the part as promised at the price we agreed to and fast, does it really matter where it gets shipped from or by who.... I don't think so. Remember, we're just two people, no huge warehouse, no extra employee's, just us and our word.

Only a couple places manufacture the stuff, I can't afford to put my name on it, its the same produce, just a little cheaper without the name... that's all. Want to pay for the name, buy OEM, want to save a couple bucks, buy aftermarket where you can afford to, pretty simple concept.

Bailey's , Northwoods and the others started just the same.. selling a product, cheaper then the competition and trying not to cut everybody's throat while doing it... same as me and for those of you thinking different than that.. you need to wake up. You also have the option to NOT visit the site and NOT buy anything.. Move along.... but when you stop on my thread and voice your opinion, I get to voice mine. You wouldn't start a business thinking that your going to sell your stuff at higher prices.... or no one would ever start a new business...PERIOD!

I don't have time to sit here night after night searching hundreds of sites to monitor prices everyday. I work a 10-12 hour job and often 7 days a week, eat dinner with my family at the table every night I'm home. I like beer and my buddy's, WE often get together to cut wood and fix stuff. Someday, I'd like to see them more, have time off for family and cut lots of wood.... someday is not even in sight if I do nothing!

I started selling here to share the good deal, things are hard everywhere and I felt like I could save you a couple bucks by being creative. THE price may be a little high, but then I offer a reduced shipping rate or no cost shipping to bring the overall price down below the competition. I don't care if I even point you to a cheaper price and some of them I do. You will remember that if you check my price and find a cheaper price.. great, but your checking my site and at some point, I will be the cheaper one and you will buy something... glad to help!

If you don't like the price and find one cheaper, send me a PM and I'll do everything I can to meet it or beat it.... It's that simple. I think I offer a variety of stuff to choose from and with a little time, I actually think I can influence the market by getting a better product at a better price. Currently I'm working with two other companies that make cylinders and they have said I can specify the spec and working with a couple guys here, we may have some progress very soon. I also said the site wasn't perfect, we're trying to fix it... neither of us are computer programers, had any training in doing this crap and struggling to change as fast as possible. I can't call Sal and ask him for help in running this..... I can ask you, well some of you..... thanks Randy!

For those of you that can see that, I'm sorry. For those that can.. thanks!

NOBODY... and I mean NOBODY started perfectly on the first try or even after several... not me, not MasterMind, not Bailey's..... not even perfect Brad!

I'm open to positive feedback, I'm open to negative feedback, but if the only feedback you ever give is negative.... are you really helping anybody... could be, and then maybe not... you decide and so will I.

Henry and I just want to try doing a good job and maybe someday be something better than we started with.. nothing more nothing less.. Your encouraged to PM me if you don't like what you see, make a comment if you want or don't... but if you do, be prepared for feedback..... positive, negative or other.

Randy

All we did, myself included was point out a few holes in the OP's story about his prices, he put the holes there we just pointed them out, maybe his prices are good, his website doesn't show this. Then people mostly Brad get attacked saying he's coming down on Randy about crap products and some sort of agenda. If your website is wrong and doesn't work, then why have it, close it down till you get it fixed. If it were me, I saw his price, I'd keep moving on to the next website.

I don't get it????? And were is the OP through all of this? Hopefully working on his website.

The rings are just a minor part of it, as I see it - but all the posts about those rings are blurring the picture....

Your right Troll... I am a sponsor and that entitles me to put anything on my site I see fit... someone else's site link included..

Like MasterMind Saw Works and some others that you could use if you'd like to... called being helpful.. new concept here, some of you should try it or maybe not..... I'll leave it up to you.

You guys have any idea what its like to start a business..damn hard.. that's what... unless your Brad.. he breezes in and out, makes perfect saws every time and never has a complaint or bellyache from a customer. He's the cheapest and best ever. :laugh::laugh:

Henry and I just want to try doing a good job and maybe someday be something better than we started with.. nothing more nothing less.. Your encouraged to PM me if you don't like what you see, make a comment if you want or don't... but if you do, be prepared for feedback..... positive, negative or other.

Randy

Well said Randy. I can see both sides, just sayin! Good luck.

just for the record i dont have any problem at all with watsonr. my problem is with how this has been presented to the community on as. i see a thread that says cabor rings now in stock,then the statement ,i have the lowest prices period. i click on the link and see a price much higher than the competitors. my thought was if your going to start a thread like this have your stuff ready to veiwed with correct prices. my thoughts on the "i will beat anyones price" is this, if your willing to sell your product at x dollar amount since your competition is selling at x dollar amount then that should be your starting price. when you come onto the forum and boast about having great product and pricing and your website doesnt reflect that statement then your just asking for a thread to go sideways just as this one has. my take is offer the best upfront pricing and you will get my bussiness as well as others, otherwise why change my current supplier.

just for the record i dont have any problem at all with watsonr. my problem is with how this has been presented to the community on as. i see a thread that says cabor rings now in stock,then the statement ,i have the lowest prices period. i click on the link and see a price much higher than the competitors. my thought was if your going to start a thread like this have your stuff ready to veiwed with correct prices. my thoughts on the "i will beat anyones price" is this, if your willing to sell your product at x dollar amount since your competition is selling at x dollar amount then that should be your starting price. when you come onto the forum and boast about having great product and pricing and your website doesnt reflect that statement then your just asking for a thread to go sideways just as this one has. my take is offer the best upfront pricing and you will get my bussiness as well as others, otherwise why change my current supplier.

Right you are man!

This thread should have been started After the web site was fixed.

You guys have any idea what its like to start a business..damn hard.. that's what...

Your doing just fine. I've been self-employed for better then 35 years. You have some bugs to work out that's all. It doesn't happen over night.
Backing your product and offering the absolute best in customer service will carry you a lot longer then just best price.
Now get the big can of "Raid" out and have at them bugs!!

Good Luck with your new business!!!

Your right Troll... I am a sponsor and that entitles me to put anything on my site I see fit... someone else's site link included..

Like MasterMind Saw Works and some others that you could use if you'd like to... called being helpful.. new concept here, some of you should try it or maybe not..... I'll leave it up to you.

Sorry for all the crap (funnin')

Hope your venture benefits all of us.

Good Luck,

And Happy Holidays,

...Backing your product and offering the absolute best in customer service will carry you a lot longer then just best price...

This is where I see Randy missing the boat. Not that he doesn't have excellent customer service, but that he is chasing his tail with the pricing thing. I will gladly pay more if I know the shipping will go out promptly, the website is user-friendly, and the seller will stand behind their product if there is a problem. If a seller offers the above, and is reasonably close on price, I will consider doing business with them. I believe that Bailey's has lost some business bc of their issues with shipping and the fact that items show as being in stock when the order is placed, only to show as out of stock when the confirmation is received. Bailey's has lost business to NW bc he has good prices, a good website, and good shipping practices. If Randy can figure out some of the technical bugs, deliver the goods as promised, and be close on pricing, he WILL succeed.

just for the record i dont have any problem at all with watsonr. my problem is with how this has been presented to the community on as. i see a thread that says cabor rings now in stock,then the statement ,i have the lowest prices period. i click on the link and see a price much higher than the competitors. my thought was if your going to start a thread like this have your stuff ready to veiwed with correct prices. my thoughts on the "i will beat anyones price" is this, if your willing to sell your product at x dollar amount since your competition is selling at x dollar amount then that should be your starting price. when you come onto the forum and boast about having great product and pricing and your website doesnt reflect that statement then your just asking for a thread to go sideways just as this one has. my take is offer the best upfront pricing and you will get my business as well as others, otherwise why change my current supplier.

I'll bite.. your correct. I was excited to get rings out to you guys as fast as possible and maybe it didn't go exactly as I'd planned. I don't do the site, I'm just the salesman, get the word out is what I do, actively post here to be part of the community. I've passed the word back that it needs fixed... I don't have access to people who do nothing but design web sites, analyze data from other surveys or information poles or any of that expensive stuff.. sorry that were just a two man show making a try at something..

But closing down the entire site because of a small problem, Link doesn't work correctly from your end or not selling anything doesn't make any sense to me. Think Baileys stops selling because of that... NO.... they call one of possibly hundreds of employee's and it gets fixed immediately and probably reviewed by a hundred people before they even post anything to there site.. say there sorry and move on.

I called the one guy I have and told him to fix it fast... thanks for your understanding..... maybe why some of you have no website... there isn't anyone to call and you can't do it.... or afford to.

None of you ever made a mistake, perfect every time and never allowed to grow better. Your a rough crowd, can't even buy a Craigslist saw without having to race someone for $40, some even call to wreck the deal and lots post negative stuff about it... I hope without taking it out of context.

I ship almost same day and IF I see your PM almost instantly... but I also have other obligations.. mainly to my family FIRST!

I offer a choice and in most items a warranty... ever have a new cylinder replaced because YOU straight gassed it??? For 90 days I will!! I DON'T KNOW MUCH BUT AM A FAST LEARNER trying to earn your business.

This is where I see Randy missing the boat. Not that he doesn't have excellent customer service, but that he is chasing his tail with the pricing thing. I will gladly pay more if I know the shipping will go out promptly, the website is user-friendly, and the seller will stand behind their product if there is a problem. If a seller offers the above, and is reasonably close on price, I will consider doing business with them. I believe that Bailey's has lost some business bc of their issues with shipping and the fact that items show as being in stock when the order is placed, only to show as out of stock when the confirmation is received. Bailey's has lost business to NW bc he has good prices, a good website, and good shipping practices. If Randy can figure out some of the technical bugs, deliver the goods as promised, and be close on pricing, he WILL succeed.

He has a ton for experience that I don't... everybody starts somewhere don't we? Thanks Neal and to the rest of you... work with me and I'll work with you... a little patience goes along way.

Back