cad strikes while at tsc........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pics of the price or it did'nt happen?.....in response to a pm........

View attachment 171993

I was at TSC today while my wife was picking up a bag of poultry food as part of our "we eat the most expensive eggs in the world" plan. So I was looking at the Husky stuff and noticed a chain for a 455 was like 28 bucks. WHAT?? Anyway, I picked up a couple gallons of the $6 bar oil but saw no used saws. One of these days....

Um... he might have a little girl that likes raising rabbits and going to show the rabbits at 4-H... that's actually quite common, especially in the midwest. Chicken, horse, dog, sheep, goat, and many more animals are raised for showing. I've never heard of someone raising a rabbit to be used to make stew.

actually my brother raises meat rabbits...my kids would not allow that...so I just breed and sell them as pets.

Yea, they get lots of saw returns from home owners, they get a tree limb down in their yard,buy a saw,cut it up and then return it,saying that it won't start or whatever excuse they can come up with and get their money back...

Yea, they get lots of saw returns from home owners, they get a tree limb down in their yard,buy a saw,cut it up and then return it,saying that it won't start or whatever excuse they can come up with and get their money back...

Yeah I agree, my father in law use to work for a waste company and when he would go and pick up the compacts at home depot you could bet money there would be a chainsaw in there...I had like 30 echo cs440's at one point and made 13 runners out of the bunch...sold all of them and have one left...I just have not been able to kill that saw yet...6/7 years and still runs strong. My guys will use it as a limping saw a good bit.

So I walk into my local tsc to stock up on b/c oil picked up 10 jugs at 6$ a pop. I glance over at the huskys on the shelf and noticed a couple used saws??? Hmm...this peaked my interest, so I walk over and looked at them....a store employee happened to walk by so I inqured as why I never seen used saws in tsc before...the employee happened to be the store manager and told me that now it is at each individual tsc stores discretion as weather to resale returned saws we have at a discount or trash them...the manager said they get so many saws returned that there throwing away like 20 to 30 saws a year. So anyways they had two 235's a 350 and a 455.... I asked what's the deal with the 350 and told me he had used that particular saw behind the store a couple times to clean up brush and that was it...they had a price of as is 120$..told him I would give him 50$ he said sold....thought to myself hmmm...looked at the 455 it had 220$ as is....asked him whats the deal with this saw..responded with did not know. I told him ill give him 50$ bucks for it as well...he shot back how about 60$....I was like....sold.....asked him about the 235's he said he had no clue ...they were just returns. Did not make an offer on those....but asked if they had anymore in the back...we walked back and looked and there was another 455 and two 359's....pick those up next week for 55$ each. He hast wait until release of returns every 3wks what ever that means.
Got the 455 and 350 in the shop earlier and both have great compression and p/c look brand new....all in all 110$ for a 350 and 455....and two 359's and another 455 next wk for another 165$.......plus a he's going to call me any time they get any returned saws

You ought to be arrested for theft man..... Wow, what a deal. I am going to have to take a look at the local TSC for some deals of my own.

You ought to be arrested for theft man..... Wow, what a deal. I am going to have to take a look at the local TSC for some deals of my own.

I did not hold a gun to his head and say your going to sell me these saws at this price or else....he had the option to decline or counter my offer ....lol.
I did not expect for him to come down on price....l was kinda shocked.lol.

I did not hold a gun to his head and say your going to sell me these saws at this price or else....he had the option to decline or counter my offer ....lol.
I did not expect for him to come down on price....l was kinda shocked.lol.

I have had it happen to me before also. I pull out my usual "low ball" offer, expecting a counteroffer, and lord and behold they just say "Okay". But I really like it when the seller "low balls" himself.

I have had it happen to me before also. I pull out my usual "low ball" offer, expecting a counteroffer, and lord and behold they just say "Okay". But I really like it when the seller "low balls" himself.
Lol.....it doesn't happen often but when it does...sure does feel good to catch a break. It's like a drug attic got there drugs for next to nothing......cad.

Back