Can anyone sell me a stihl seal puller for cheap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekc

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Can anyone sell me a stihl seal puller for cheap?
I will need it for a few months, then I will sell to the next one who needs it.

026 flywheel side seal is a PITA. I exhausted using all my tools. I need the real one to get this done.

Take a smaller flat head screwdriver, heat it up glowing hot, and tap about the first 3/8" to 1/2" of the blade over until it's almost 90 degrees, and then let it air-cool. It'll work well for prying PTO side seals out.

You got rep for that tip.:cheers:

No home-made tool can do. The seal has to come out flat without causing any damages to the shaft or case. Only that stihl tool can do. Anyone pls sell me one?

Hmmm.... I worked at a Stihl dealership when I made my homemade tool, and pulled hundreds of seals in different applications without damaging the seals or the components of the engines the seals were being pulled from....but to each their own.

I've never had much luck getting 026 FW side seals out with anything but the stihl puller... Before I had one I even had to pull one case apart to push it out from the inside, and I tried everything prior.

It a very expensive puller - like $130 dealer cost.

I've use an old paint can opener that has the 90 degree tip and round loop for hanging it up on the other end. grind a little of the 90 degree end so it fits nicely in between the seal and the crankshaft. after inserting it use a small pry bar under the loop hanger end and pivot it off the end of the protected crankshaft like a lever and it pulls straight up and out with no damage to case or shaft. done this several times now on different saws and also 026 and works really well. sometimes the seal jumps out by itself after it gets a look at the contraption about to yank on it!

I really really really need one. Anyone please? Dealers are asking for too much.

It was already mentioned that cost was $130. I don't see a dealer charging more than $200.....

Why not strip the saw down to the seal, take it to a dealer, and pay him to do it? Unless you have 6-7 026 fw seals to do, the dealer should be much cheaper than $130 or $200.........

Back