Central Ohio Spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rocky Boot Factory Outlet Store is about 40 miles from the GTG down SR33E in Nelsonville. They have new and "seconds" boots and shoes.

Its hit or miss on what you will find there in your size. But since I hardly ever make it that way, I had to check it out. My boots were shot.

Its hit or miss on what you will find there in your size. But since I hardly ever make it that way, I had to check it out. My boots were shot.

Gotcha. But I was headed north in a hurry lookin' for the nearest outlet mall Depends store. Never did find one, but made it home anyway without causing a HazMat incident on I-71.

My ass was shot.

The Rocky Boot Factory Outlet Store is about 40 miles from the GTG down SR33E in Nelsonville. They have new and "seconds" boots and shoes. I got a pair for $60, Lincoln picked out these crazy $335 boots - cost me $40 and I got the lil ones a pair each for $22. So about 4 pair for $150.

I bought a new pair of Rocky's about 2 weeks ago. Sure makes me miss my Wolverines. The Rockys make you appreciate the end of the day when you can take them off though.

I bought a new pair of Rocky's about 2 weeks ago. Sure makes me miss my Wolverines. The Rockys make you appreciate the end of the day when you can take them off though.

I actually broke out a brand new pair of Timberland Titans for the GTG. Been using them a few years now, and they are the most comfortable work boot I've ever tried. Safety toe is titanium instead of steel, much lighter. For walk around boots, Ariats are the most comfortable I've ever tried.

Last edited:
Red wings are hard to beat for comfort on concrete. I got some merrell hikers that are as light as tennis shoes. My new favorite off work boots.

I used to buy Rocky because I felt I was supporting Ohio workers at one time and was proud to make the trip and buy. Since they went China on me I dont feel the same way anymore.

Reason I liked Rocky was they used carbon or fiberglass shanks. Shoes could get through metal detectors without having to remove my shoes daily.

Plus the $189 duty boot was only $50 at the Nelsonville location and I would pick up 3 pr at a time. Last time I was there I took home 1 China pr to try when the others wore out. I'm still on the China pr and they are no where near the US made boots in comfort or build quality.

Dang Rockys always split right across the sole at the ball of my foot!!!:angry:
Lots of the gang at work having the same problem.

Mike

I used to buy Rocky because I felt I was supporting Ohio workers at one time and was proud to make the trip and buy. Since they went China on me I dont feel the same way anymore.

Reason I liked Rocky was they used carbon or fiberglass shanks. Shoes could get through metal detectors without having to remove my shoes daily.

Plus the $189 duty boot was only $50 at the Nelsonville location and I would pick up 3 pr at a time. Last time I was there I took home 1 China pr to try when the others wore out. I'm still on the China pr and they are no where near the US made boots in comfort or build quality.

Ive worn Rocky since '90 and have loved them. I remember the black Eliminator's. Ive now got a pair of the Bear Claw. Most comfy boot Ive ever had. Sure liked them a lot better than Danner Rain Forest.

May need to step it up a notch? Diamonds,gold ? :hmm3grin2orange: But that will cut into the chainsaw budget real bad! Cheaper to wait it out. :hmm3grin2orange:

Better the promise of a meal that she didn't have to cook than diamonds or gold.
To my lovely wife they are but sand and glitter.
Well.............except for one small band of gold!

Mike

loved the pics and vids guys! I didn't read about this until the day after the event was over or else i would have made the trip out from central PA. Looks like a good time was had by all, hows about putting me on a email list for the next one! I'll even help cook! Dammit I wish I could've been there......:mad:

loved the pics and vids guys! I didn't read about this until the day after the event was over or else i would have made the trip out from central PA. Looks like a good time was had by all, hows about putting me on a email list for the next one! I'll even help cook! Dammit I wish I could've been there......:mad:

Darn, the more the merrier as is said. Wish you would have been there too, it was as you said.

Back