Certified Tree Risk Assessor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When all is said and done there is a whole lot more said than done.

Amen!

On the other hand, locking clients into expensive 3-5 year mandatory maintenance schedules sounds like a profitable gig. Putting trees on artificial life support can be both fun AND profitable.

Keep pumping fertilizer into the ground or else you know what is going to happen to those trees......
Anyone advocating facelifts and botox injections for 90 year old grandmothers to keep them looking vibrant and youthful?

Anything to defend a Cert because someone already has it & wants it to become a requirement :msp_scared: In regards to Treeseer & his ongoing pruning, guying, cabling save em at all cost attitude........Ill say this......when any hazard presents itself that can cause injury or fatality to human life..........then that hazard must be removed!!!

The pics mike has posted show trees which are not an immeditae hazard......But, due to the growth habit present (phototropism), hillside erosion, wind & the continued maintenance to keep them on the hill instead of the house....I say removal now is cheaper.....this is were Treeseer & others sharing the absurd save em attitude dont get it......these trees will grow, they will grow toward & over the house, they will be subject to snow load, etc... at this point "mitigation" costs will soar through the roof...probably after the trees do!

I think another problem is that some people (treeseer) think everyone owns an estate or the trees are in an historical setting & theres money just given from wall street to care for the hazard dying trees around the world!!! Not!!!, I consulted with Pa DCNR years ago & suggested to remove numerous trees (overcrowding, dying, uproots, etc..) they hire a consulting Arborist to trump my suggestion..............spent lots of money on his laughable report.....not even 1 year later guess what? Yep...they call me back cause trees are falling like locusts in a biblical plague...........I told them to have the consulting Arborist there with his report so he could get properly educated in what nature can do & that not everything the book says is true!

Well................He didnt show, wonder why? they spent almost $1000.00 to have this idiot inspect & write out a report, he used fancy terms & cited paragraphs & writings by the fields top gurus..........well his BS sold the powers that be..THEN! forward to NOW.....I handle all the Parks tree issues......guess that common sense thing actually works!!

LXT.................

If what the majority of you are saying that "what goes up must come down" and "the tree will eventually come down so why not take it down now" then anyone could be an arborist including johnyonenut working at the turd factory. It takes alot of expertise to come to that conclusion.

I get reall bored with the same old #### of the everyday removal grind, it's like working in a factory same #### different day. I need to learn new things in order to keep myself from going insane. This a subject I find interesting and want to learn more about. I'm sick of hearing the broken record some of you guys spew out your trap door just because your stuck where your at and refuse to better yourself doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way. Go take your negative crap somewhere else you miserable SOB.

Oh yeah and polerus I'll take "hick" as a compliment coming from your mouth Mr Ontario! Blah Ha Ha Ha!

The removal of edge trees beside a creek leaning towards a structure should be a no-brainer, hick, and you ARE correct; it does not take a lot of expertise to come to that conclusion. Just a modicum of common sense.
Glad we could agree about something.

if tree risk assessment is some real and valid "science" and not simply common sense gained from years of experience, something the new guy needs, then make it part of existing certifications
the idea that you can take and pass a test, but then that test is somehow invalid without continued upkeep of fees is asinine
to retest every so many years, not so much
and any certification is moot if its not held by the guy actually in the tree

When all is said and done there is a whole lot more said than done.

I am sure there is something to be gotten from this assement course. It may be like that project mananger course I took where I thought we were back in first grade with the elementary stuff they were talking about. To be certified?

In a situation like Mike C posted its easy to get what Mr. Corbin what saying. Sure, options are present in most situations, they should be discussed.

Fear mongering is something so easy to do one may not realize he just did it. Sometime its little far fetched: one time I said " Well this one missed ya, it kinda looks like the next one will kill you in yer sleep." It was a possibility.

And sometime I look at a thing and immediatly the only way I want to handle it is to chop it the #### down just to get to end whatever debates that would confuse the situation.

SAV A TREE?

001-18.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-16.jpg

I'm done with that dude

Yeah I think from the pictures Treeco has the best option, I was even thinking of thinning out the woodlot all together to make the stand more of an even aged stand that way the smaller trees have a better chance.

I agree that some situations are pretty simple to come to a conclusion but thats not always the case, we have all taken down a tree or two that looked way worse than it really was and if we would have weighed all the options and examined all the the evidence we would have done things differently unless thats what you like to do. I think that having this cert could for 1. make you more money and 2. hold up in court if it was ever a situation where it was the certs word against the adverage tree guys' word and I don't mean adverage in a bad way.

Last edited:
well I can see the d-bags have dumbed up this thread and they always say the same old thing. Blah! Blah! Blah! Yeah we get your point now go away.

If it bothers you that much maybe you could try your luck over at the buzz. I'm sure them dudes would be happy to toss your salad for ya. Just saying.

If it bothers you that much maybe you could try your luck over at the buzz. I'm sure them dudes would be happy to toss your salad for ya. Just saying.

Maybe I already am over there as far as tossing salads well I never was much for rabbit food.

How old are you MDS? I could of swore you were an oldtimer but from the way you act and talk I can see the years of abusing alcohol impeded your train of tought. Thats ok I understand your living with some deep traumatic experience I hope it all works out for you. I'll still buy ya a beer:cheers:

Maybe I already am over there as far as tossing salads well I never was much for rabbit food.

How old are you MDS? I could of swore you were an oldtimer but from the way you act and talk I can see the years of abusing alcohol impeded your train of tought. Thats ok I understand your living with some deep traumatic experience I hope it all works out for you. I'll still buy ya a beer:cheers:

Yeah I know, I tried to hold back.. it was just the statement I quoted bothered me. that and your new sig makes me wanna sock it in the side of the head. It's all good though, I'll still take the beer! lol.

:cheers:

:cheers:[/QUOTE]

MDS Did ya look at that website its looks like a dog and pony show , SHHH laugh quietly ..... And to stay bad things to you..... the nerve ...

Huge amounts of hot wind being spewed here. Been too busy to indulge for a couple of days but noted the leaves trembling on my trees and the prevailing wind as usual was from the direction of Arboristsite. Gads of pontificating, grand standing (LXT(eet) didn't yo daddy AA run ya off with threats of a lawsuit few weeks ago? We all saw it.....humiliating....ouch....left your manhood in question) and blustering (who is this new fool Peonis?).

Anyhoo, so as not to join the long "passing air" club I will make my point....

Don't mean poo what you fools thank bout this new cert. Like the 2 gentlemen I met from the huge metropolis of Atlanta , Georgia said, " you will NOT remove as much as a sapling as big as my middle finger that is pointed at you, even in your very back yard on private property without a permit from (guess what) the city's Certified ISA Tree Risk assessor" THE REAL TREE RISK ASSESSOR OF THE UNIVERSE.......this will come to all of you in drips and drabs.....count on it. Just the same as city's have taken to excluding anyone without the much maligned CA to even as much as trim an adventitious shoot of a tree on private property soon. Laws are being run past city councils and then being enforced and adjucated as I type.

This new Cert. as stated has been developed and administered by the PNW Chapter of the ISA and will shortly be taken over by the ISA at large. Those with current cert. will be transferred in. They, and others will have to take specialty specific ceu's and at the end of 4 years be required to re take the course (without the test if current) which will be....

drastically different and evolved from scientific input. Could go into it much more but the audience here renders the effort a waste of calories expended.

In summary: The credential is already existent....is gonna be around til way after the cows come home...and will make obsolete the self important, delusional self proclaimed expert with the knowledge of the years of mankind in his little pea brain to draw from. Good luck to ya. Maybe the real experts will hire you for some of the lower level stuff outside of assessment and mitigation like maybe knocking down a no brainer or two if you lick their butts.:hmm3grin2orange:

Please continue wasting your time complaining about something that already exists and cannot possibly be changed esp. by a bunch intellectually challenged, lazy hayseeds.:cry:

That point of view is exactly why this training is needed. :taped:

The course also mentions MITIGATION; work like pruning those edge trees to improve stability. This work may take more skill, but it does preserve the asset for the owner, so it is worth considering.

There's one born every minute. :jester:

Funny thing is..........years ago you were to paint your cuts, drop crotch to create roundovers & so on........directional pruning on a hillside uhh? yeah....good luck with that!!! I know first hand how that works for the utility, The point....what was once common place has evolved to where we are now, Hmmm....gotta wonder what will will be the future thought on trees on a hillside overcrowned toward a building............will it be to directional prune?

I remember reading that trees grow as a community & someone already made the statement that the house was built while the trees were there..........I also remember reading that when that community is disrupted it is all to common for failures to occur....Cmon this is basic stuff!! funny how its basic but certain people wanna put a spin on things to make it seem complicated so they can profit from it................Now thats just Greed!

LXT.............

Huge amounts of hot wind being spewed here. Been too busy to indulge for a couple of days but noted the leaves trembling on my trees and the prevailing wind as usual was from the direction of Arboristsite. Gads of pontificating, grand standing (LXT(eet) didn't yo daddy AA run ya off with threats of a lawsuit few weeks ago? We all saw it.....humiliating....ouch....left your manhood in question) and blustering (who is this new fool Peonis?).

Don't mean poo what you fools thank bout this new cert. Like the 2 gentlemen I met from the huge metropolis of Atlanta , Georgia said, " you will NOT remove as much as a sapling as big as my middle finger that is pointed at you, even in your very back yard on private property without a permit from (guess what) the city's Certified ISA Tree Risk assessor" THE REAL TREE RISK ASSESSOR OF THE UNIVERSE.......this will come to all of you in drips and drabs.....count on it. Just the same as city's have taken to excluding anyone without the much maligned CA to even as much as trim an adventitious shoot of a tree on private property soon. Laws are being run past city councils and then being enforced and adjucated as I type.

drastically different and evolved from scientific input.

In summary: The credential is already existent....is gonna be around til way after the cows come home...and will make obsolete the self important, delusional self proclaimed expert with the knowledge of the years of mankind in his little pea brain to draw from. Good luck to ya.

Please continue wasting your time complaining about something that already exists and cannot possibly be changed esp. by a bunch intellectually challenged, lazy hayseeds.:cry:

1st off grandpa I think your metamucil quit working! you are backed up with so much bowel that your son AA needs to come over with the spoon to dig out the impact!

I put AA in his lying place & you notice who is on top of the mountain now.....!!!! Your point!!!! your point is as impotent as you are, you`re from Ohio sprout...! Ive worked there for the utility & been to council meetings, board meetings, etc... & aint no dam tree asspressor cert being talked about...............

The only scientific explanation I would like is how some bath water drinking fool cruisin on his hover round is even still visiting this site............you got run off here like I sent AA & his lawn mower packing, you are even worse than AA...........atleast he still has the guts to stick with it.............you, much like a spanked school girl left crying & whining, I got something for you to assess & it aint no tree "Larry".............your glorified Cert. is a pipe dream............much like you being able to cast your seed from your non working manhood!

LXT................

would that state be....intoxicated? :kilt:

you're probably right lol

Lol. Hey, I think it's a good thing that you got this credential. Now, at least you can legitamately claim you that you finally know what you're doing after all these years! Better late than never IMO. It is a shame they didn't come up with this credential sooner! just think of all those poor trees you could have saved in your 400+ years here on earth! lol.

Edit: Nice skirt BTW. good to see you rebounded from that incident out behind the bar, and are now back out on the town! lol.

Last edited:

This new Cert. as stated has been developed and administered by the PNW Chapter of the ISA and will shortly be taken over by the ISA at large. Those with current cert. will be transferred in. They, and others will have to take specialty specific ceu's and at the end of 4 years be required to re take the course (without the test if current) which will be....

drastically different and evolved from scientific input. Could go into it much more but the audience here renders the effort a waste of calories expended.

In summary: The credential is already existent....is gonna be around til way after the cows come home...and will make obsolete the self important, delusional self proclaimed expert with the knowledge of the years of mankind in his little pea brain to draw from. Good luck to ya. Maybe the real experts will hire you for some of the lower level stuff outside of assessment and mitigation like maybe knocking down a no brainer or two if you lick their butts.:hmm3grin2orange:

Would you hire him ? If ya did you would have to hire a $8 an hr. guy to drive him from job to job LOL ... A 2fer deal ya know .Kinda like sheriff in the FUNNY FARM ...

Last edited:
1st off grandpa I think your metamucil quit working! you are backed up with so much bowel that your son AA needs to come over with the spoon to dig out the impact!

I put AA in his lying place & you notice who is on top of the mountain now.....!!!! Your point!!!! your point is as impotent as you are, you`re from Ohio sprout...! Ive worked there for the utility & been to council meetings, board meetings, etc... & aint no dam tree asspressor cert being talked about...............

The only scientific explanation I would like is how some bath water drinking fool cruisin on his hover round is even still visiting this site............you got run off here like I sent AA & his lawn mower packing, you are even worse than AA...........atleast he still has the guts to stick with it.............you, much like a spanked school girl left crying & whining, I got something for you to assess & it aint no tree "Larry".............your glorified Cert. is a pipe dream............much like you being able to cast your seed from your non working manhood!

LXT................

The line is growing:laugh: when it comes to quivering little ####### here 1st was OD and then TV and from time to time AA , and countless others who can't stand the truth ... Not me I know exactly how big of a fat loser I am one step away from the meth clinic and lucky to not be in jail yet ...

Latest posts

Back