Chainsaw gas:oil mixture ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now ask them if you use their snake oil at 80:1 or 100:1 in an OEM recommended 50:1 application if they'll still CYA...
I think not, but go ahead and use whatever you want... you're going to anyway.

We will see what they say. Royal Purple 2 cycle says up to 100:1 also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180122-181617.png
    Screenshot_20180122-181617.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 10
50:1 is over engineered. Black stuff running all down my saw which tells me to rich. Its definitely not a money thing I make plenty. I wouldn't run stihl oil at that ratio. My thing is why use more when u don' have to. Never said I run 100:1 I use 80:1. 1.6oz per gallon. I buy all high end stihl products I wouldn' use it if it didn' work plus if it didn't work why would I use it in a $1300 saw. If it didn' work I wouldn' recommed it. Every day around 9 months a year for 3 years now of strictly using it. -5 to 100+. If I told my grandfather I change my oil every 10,000 miles he'd freak but now you can.

50:1 is over engineered. Black stuff running all down my saw which tells me to rich. Its definitely not a money thing I make plenty. I wouldn't run stihl oil at that ratio. My thing is why use more when u don' have to. Never said I run 100:1 I use 80:1. 1.6oz per gallon. I buy all high end stihl products I wouldn' use it if it didn' work plus if it didn't work why would I use it in a $1300 saw. If it didn' work I wouldn' recommed it. Every day around 9 months a year for 3 years now of strictly using it. -5 to 100+. If I told my grandfather I change my oil every 10,000 miles he'd freak but now you can.
You sound like a salesman.

No I don' care what y'll use. I was just giving the original guy my opinion. And if u have never ran it like I have how can u argue.

If your dripping at 50-1 the saw is a poor runner or your running bad oil.

Amsoil can say what they want about yes your covered but when it comes down to it they are not gonna pay you jack. Been there done that more times than there are days in a month. Watched them back peddle on a gold level dealer with their gear lube because the percentage of brass was too high in a rear end on a bike. Funny thing was mobil 1 and lucas had no issues.

You run what you like and that's cool. But don't be expecting them to pay if you have a failure.

Every 10000 miles? Wow I do every 3000. 5000 for the synthetic suv we have. And for me it is a money thing I don't have much there for I don't want my truck or suv to die. I'm just not into the crazy expensive oil that last for ever. I'll play it safe. Use Mobil oil in the vehicals and run 40:1.

200t, 2 201t, 2-250s,180, 2 361, 026pro, 660, 251 saws. 600 backpack blower, 130r weedeater, 131polesaw. 82t hedge trimmer. All run.

Every 10000 miles? Wow I do every 3000. 5000 for the synthetic suv we have. And for me it is a money thing I don't have much there for I don't want my truck or suv to die. I'm just not into the crazy expensive oil that last for ever. I'll play it safe. Use Mobil oil in the vehicals and run 40:1.
Royal Purple oil and oil filter. They say 12k but I do 10k. If u use ebay it's a lil cheaper. Buy n bulk

No I don' care what y'll use. I was just giving the original guy my opinion. And if u have never ran it like I have how can u argue.
You joined this forum to drag up a 11 year old thread just to regurgitate a Amsoil sales pitch. I've been around a couple different racing circles and Amsoil is pretty well know for putting on a full court press to get entry level franchise holders with the promise of fat commission checks and all they have do is tell everybody within earshot that their product is the best , without any real proof.

For 1 I didn' join to drag nothing up I didn' even see that it was an 11 year old thread and if you don' wanna be on it leave. And I never said I was an expert. For grown ass men who use chainsaws y'll sure are a bunch of cry baby's. **** it I'll use 1:1 there u happy. Never thought I'd see ethanol in fuel here it is never thought a new truck would be more than a house. Never that Bruce Jenner would wear a dress but by God here we are. So if a man who' used saws for 25 years must not know what he' talking about because he joined Saturday gotcha!

My dad was an automechanic and had his own shop for many years. I guess it's just been beaten in my head for so many years. Why mess with success.
Royal Purple pretty successful. My 2000 Lincoln Continental 197,000 miles still do 117 down I40

For 1 I didn' join to drag nothing up I didn' even see that it was an 11 year old thread and if you don' wanna be on it leave. And I never said I was an expert. For grown ass men who use chainsaws y'll sure are a bunch of cry baby's. **** it I'll use 1:1 there u happy. Never thought I'd see ethanol in fuel here it is never thought a new truck would be more than a house. Never that Bruce Jenner would wear a dress but by God here we are. So if a man who' used saws for 25 years must not know what he' talking about because he joined Saturday gotcha!
A...wow...lighten up Francis.

Latest posts

Back