Chainsaw gas:oil mixture ratio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would'nt rely on Amsoil warranty one bit, but today people feel safe with a little false security. FWIW Muffler spooge has as much to do with how you tune your saw as anything else. I've yet to see an engine failure directly related to oil. 100:1 will work fine, just don't expect maximum service life out of your gear. 100:1=1%oil, 50:1=2% 25:1=4%. You really think running 1% oil compared to 2% makes a big improvement...... stops black spooge? Lol this is getting funny.

50:1 is over engineered. Black stuff running all down my saw which tells me to rich. Its definitely not a money thing I make plenty. I wouldn't run stihl oil at that ratio. My thing is why use more when u don' have to. Never said I run 100:1 I use 80:1. 1.6oz per gallon. I buy all high end stihl products I wouldn' use it if it didn' work plus if it didn't work why would I use it in a $1300 saw. If it didn' work I wouldn' recommed it. Every day around 9 months a year for 3 years now of strictly using it. -5 to 100+. If I told my grandfather I change my oil every 10,000 miles he'd freak but now you can.

Sounds like to me you need to adjust the carb if it’s so rich your dripping fuel! Don’t matter what mix you run!

Amsoil Saber is the highest rated 2 cycle oil out there. Less carbon build up almost no smoke. If used the dog piss out of mine and have never had a mechanical failure.
Could I ask where you found /Got that Info? & as an aside why if it's so High quality do they not accept oil related failure claims there are many oils on the market with Jaso FD ratings & if you delve into the the black art of oil blending there are company's that have higher quality ratings but are not a large enough company to spend the 1000's of $ for the test, but their products are equal / superior to some of the rated ones the Jaso Iso rating are a benchmark guide to mean the oil is to a certain standard

Latest posts

Back