Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, I thought, was a great pic. Taken at the Poulan GTG, I don't remember the saw model, but it was 139cc !!! Really makes the chips fly.:rock:
Chris, (cbfarmall) is the owner, operator. AKA Mr. Big Saw! LOL

PoulanGTG2011024.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

after using my Nikon D2H for a few weeks now. slowly finding out capabilities of this camera. This is the first digital camera creates files that act like negatives.

my old Sony is still grabbed for simple web shots. Nikon needs a job to come out.
two new lens, sure is nice to use old Nikon AF film camera lens. if one is careful those can be purchased for a fraction of costs of DX lens. seems only pro grade Nikons has features to use older lens.

scored a AF Nikkor 35-105 and Nikkor AF 70-210 for $50 on craigslist.
the 70-210 makes sharp images!

Last edited:
after using my Nikon D2H for a few weeks now. slowly finding out capabilities of this camera. This is the first digital camera creates files that act like negatives.

my old Sony is still grabbed for simple web shots. Nikon needs a job to come out.
two new lens, sure is nice to use old Nikon AF film camera lens. if one is careful those can be purchased for a fraction of costs of DX lens. seems only pro grade Nikons has features to use older lens.

scored a AF Nikkor 35-105 and Nikkor AF 70-210 for $50 on craigslist.
the 70-210 makes sharp images!

SLR photography has always been this way. Back in the days of film people would just take the roll of film to the drug store or later on to China Mart where they would get back a packet of prints that looked good and fall under the misconception that they did this with their fancy camera. What they didn't know was that in reality it was the person that did the printing that made them look good.

If those people were to grab a roll of slide film they would have tossed the camera in the trash thinking there was something wrong with it.

Jump forward to the digital age. Those people that were going to China mart are now buying DSLR cameras that work almost as though you were shooting slide film where you don't have the print guy making you look good. You have to either learn how to use the camera or the software to fix your mistakes.

If this is your first venture into SLR photography you will have a very steep learning curve, but if you keep at it and practice you will figure it out. Find a good photography group that won't bash you for buying a D2 series as your first. Then if that group doesn't respond to every question with..."Did you use the search function?" or "Maybe if you tried the search feature you would find the answer." you have found a new family. The Nikon Cafe is a pretty good group where you can avoid the Canon vs. Nikon bashing most of the time.

That 70-210 is a nice sharp lens. I used to have one until I got a good offer on it and sold it. If you want to try your hand at manual focus you can look into the 100mm series E lens. It is a very sharp lens for the money.:highfive:

If this is your first venture into SLR photography you will have a very steep learning curve, but if you keep at it and practice you will figure it out. Find a good photography group that won't bash you for buying a D2 series as your first. ~

That 70-210 is a nice sharp lens. I used to have one until I got a good offer on it and sold it. If you want to try your hand at manual focus you can look into the 100mm series E lens. It is a very sharp lens for the money.:highfive:

nah.. been shooting Nikon F, F2, Hasselblad, etc for years. but D2H is my first DSLR. it's the autofocus that I'm not used to. main reason for buying a D2H, is it's ability to use nearly all Nikkor lens.

was initially looking for a D2X, when D2H came up. 4 megpix not a limitation for what I was going to do. very pleased with D2H. after a steep initial learning curve, controls are becoming second nature.

still looking for a D2X, when right deal comes along.... in the mean time, been keeping an eye open for glass. really like AF series. world class glass at great prices. cause only folks that can use AF lens are high end Nikon digital and films cameras.

hope to eventually get a D3X, which requires full frame lens like the AF series.

Last edited:
nah.. been shooting Nikon F, F2, Hasselblad, etc for years. but D2H is my first DSLR. it's the autofocus that I'm not used to. main reason for buying a D2H, is it's ability to use nearly all Nikkor lens.

was initially looking for a D2X, when D2H came up. 4 megpix not a limitation for what I was going to do. very pleased with D2H. after a steep initial learning curve, controls are becoming second nature.

still looking for a D2X, when right deal comes along.... in the mean time, been keeping an eye open for glass. really like AF series. world class glass at great prices. cause only folks that can use AF lens are high end Nikon digital and films cameras.

hope to eventually get a D3X, which requires full frame lens like the AF series.

In that case...never mind. Carry on.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I put the saws there because we were moving to the next tree and my mate said that would be a good pic.The end off the day we filled the ute and two tandem trailers,should of got a pic of that.

@Stihlman441

Tree: Not sure how many saws it would take to kick my azz but I do know how many they are gonna use.......

Finished that pine this afternoon.

snedding by mweba1, on Flickr

Nice pic,i see there is plenty more in the back ground.
Isnt it great cutting that nice soft pine,over here pine isnt used for much maybe a bon fire thats about it.

I'm a Homie guy but not ashamed to say the 4200/5200/8500 are my favorite saw to run.

Back