Chainsaw (Poulan 2150) Not Running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vs1392 said:
OH! I just read another form and remembered something! I had been running the saw on regular gasoline without any other additives (2-cycle oil!) for about 8 hours of use? Could this be a problem with the not starting or revving?

I'm not buying this. Perhaps vs1392 did purchase the miraculous one and only chainsaw capable of running for 8 hours on straight gas, but I seriously doubt it.

Maybe Electrolux has developed a process for inpregnating the cylinder, ring(s), piston, and bearings with a super silicone or some other protective lubricant. Or as Pallis suggested, that was some really good gas.

Last edited:
The saw did run for real, ,no lies, for 8 whole hours. It was premium grade shell gasoline. Now you say look at the engine while turning it over. Do i pull the crank string, rotate the engine around, or do what? And timbermaster, you look like a poulan guy, can I save the saw? I will try to change the spark plug again just in case, but all the stores around town are out of CHAMPION CJ7Y plugs. Guess ill have to wait........

There are some really kind hearted souls here, who will offer to help anyone and for that I am grateful for this site. But give me a break!
This dude is crank yanking us here!!! :angry: He is all over the place with his posts...8hr 4hrs 8hrs which is it? Forgets to mention in the first post he claims to have run it on straight gas...yeah right!
Go with your guts, mine tells me a troll is trying to get a rise on this site.
No plugs, yeah string us along some more ya putz!

If this guy wasnt BSing us he would listen about the engine being toast and just purchase the one on ebay and be done with it. I personally think he is full of it !
Here is the auction number (for the second time) for the engine "Item number: 7718057868" im almost positive it will fit ! (the part numbers can be checked on Poulans site to be sure)... I have only seen one saw engine ran on straight gas and that was an Echo cs 280. My brother owned it and didnt care about it. He only ran one tank through it and believe it or not that saw still runs today 10 years later with no engine repairs... 8 hours is kinda hard to believe...

I think that post is crap we had a trimmer at work that got run on straight gas and it lasted for 1.5 hours before it was seized beyond recondition. For it to be run on straight gas for 8 hours and not have any scratches on it and still start that is very very hard for me to believe.

Max said:
There are some really kind hearted souls here, who will offer to help anyone and for that I am grateful for this site.

I couldn't agree more. So, whether or not the story is BS, there is some useful advice being offered.

If it were me. Being it is the $99 Walmart sold Poulan. One I wouldnt buy myself either.
I would get me another saw(because it will cost to much to repair this one). Verses buying another new one and having a parts saw on hand.

Back