Chainsaw Selection Database

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
For anyone who is interested, I have compiled a complete database of chainsaw specifications (weight, power, price, oil/fuel capacity) for Echo, Stihl, Husqvarna, Olympyk, Oleo-Mac, Jonsered, John Deere, Shidaiwa, Tanaka, Makita, and Solo. Some prices are missing yet, but for the others I have entered the best prices I could find. I can then enter search criteria like displacement, power, weight, and price, and also rate the importance of these characteristics from 1-5, and the list of applicable saws will show in order with the most recommended first. It is an Microsoft Access database that I would be glad to email to anyone interested, or look up saws for anyone who may not have Access. The recommendations do not take into account chainsaw features, durability, dealer availability, or user recommendations. I simply chose reputable brands to begin with.

Thanks for the database. It was very interesting. I am interested in where did you get these prices? Are people selling these items on the net? Stihl, Echo, and Shindaiwa have strict rules about selling these items on the net.
Thanks again

Chain saw data base

My old Sears 16" 2.3 cc is about to die and I am in need of a replacement. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My primary use is some trimming/climbing around the house and cutting out turning blanks from hard and soft wood. Could I get a look at your data base ? Thanks, sandy r

Latest posts

Back