Chainsaw Selection Database

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys - hes not sending anything to anyone - have tried several times - i guess after all the hard work attaching files just got real troublesome...why even advertise it man?

chainsaw database

Greetings:

Is it possible that the database could be posted on this site in a general files spot? That is a common practice on some forums. That way, if someone had some good information, they could submit it to the administrator, post it, and let people download it at their leisure. What do you think?

All the Best,
John

I have it and its in Microsoft access format. It has many errors in it for me cause I have a newer form of Microsoft access. Its really not a big deal. It has some hp info and some other minor things.

database

Hi Darin,

Understood. Maybe a files area could be set aside for future use? It is also common practice to place any data in an easily imported format; example -- a MS Word document exported as an RTF file or an MS Access database exported as a standard XY text file. Thanks for the response.

John

Sorry guys, didn't mean to dissappoint anyone. For a while I was diligent at emailing copies promptly, then many people emailed back saying they couldn't open the file (it was written in Microsoft Access 97) The database doesn't really cover features, quality, ergonomics. It just is a way to compare weight, displacement, horsepower, and cost by entering a rating for how important each of the four characteristics are to you. Any features above and beyond would have to be taken into consideration.

Specifications

Tony,
I am shopping for a new saw and would love to see your database. If you still have it please send it over.
Thanks,
Fred

[email protected]

Hey everybody, this thread was already dead almost 3 years ago.  He'd quit sending out the then-incomplete item back then.

Please think before you resurrect Lazarus.

Glen

Back