Charity Cut for Interfaith Caregivers-Who is up for the task at hand?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again J.D. for letting me stay at your place. And Thanks Boyd for breakfast.

It was good times for sure. That was a heck of alot of wood and my saws and me need a break. If you come across any more of those caramel rolls send them my way! Speaking of caramel roll.....

Im goin to bed.............:laugh:

Thanks again J.D. for letting me stay at your place. And Thanks Boyd for breakfast.

It was good times for sure. That was a heck of alot of wood and my saws and me need a break. If you come across any more of those caramel rolls send them my way! Speaking of caramel roll.....

Im goin to bed.............:laugh:

Anytime Erik, glad that you could make it up.

Quick video of the operation in process. Nothing like the sound of a dozen or so saws singing a a song:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hP7pVD_pGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pics coming if I don't fall back asleep. When I got home tonight, it was Aleve, a big glass of water, and a cheesy movie that I might have seen 5 minutes of before I crashed out for a while. I was beat, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself today!

Thanks to everyone at Interfaith for giving us the opportunity to play and feel good about doing it, and for some of the best home cooking around! The coolers got a workout today, tons of Gatorade and water got recycled through our sweat glands! The weather cooperated fully, it was a bit wet when we pulled in this morning, but sunshine all day, and maybe 70° for a high, with a good breeze to keep us cool.

Some people pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

More to come tomorrow sometime...back to nappy time!

Pics of the setup:

View from the east side:

attachment.php

The west or "big" side, note that the pile is twice the height of the skidloader:

attachment.php

HeavyFuel and Grandpatractor took turns running the skidloader, hauling the logs from the stack to half a dozen or so cutting sites where hungry chainsaws were waiting:

attachment.php

attachment.php

We usually had 2 guys to a cutting location, it helped to have one cutting and the other repositioning the logs once in a while, otherwise one would start at each end and meet in the middle.

attachment.php

More to come shortly.

Pics watching the pile dwindle from the small side:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finishing it off, the skiddy popped a hydraulic hose JUST before we finished, no biggie.

attachment.php

Still got more coming.

Watchin the big side get smaller:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wetgunpowder whittling the last stick down to size:

185555d1306670231-p1010233-medium-jpg

View of the piles of firewood left in the aftermath. Wendell has a video tour that will do it better justice. It is a LOT of wood! Denny now has about 120 cords on site, 50+ cords split, and what we cut yesterday. Denny says their needs are covered for a year or a bit more with that.

attachment.php

Still not done yet...

A special treat yesterday afternoon, Beefie brought his 090G along, and when we were done, he put it in wood for the first time in it's life. It's previous career was as an ice cutter on Lake Winnebago, cutting holes for sturgeon spearing. It was an impressive beast for sure, and the guys and gals from Interfaith got a huge kick out of the show.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's all I've got. I regret that I didn't get pics of the "Arboristsite Youth Auxiliary", and their ringleader Michael aka Cinnamon Roll. Hopefully someone else has pics of those guys. They were busting their tails all day stacking and trying to wear out Grandpatractor's collection of Fiskars splitting axes. They were not successful :D

Once again, THANK YOU to everyone involved, from the logger to the ladies making sure we had plenty of sweet stuff to eat through the day. A project like Denny has undertaken takes a ton of people and work to be successful, and we were happy to do our little part.

Most of the way through the pics, to the tune of "Lions and tigers and bears..."

I started going, "Dolmars, Huskies, and Stihls...oh my!"

To rephrase a Ron White line, we didn't know how many saws it was gonna take to do this, but we knew how many we were gonna use!

:chainsaw::chainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::chainsawguy::chainsawguy:

I went through 5 tanks of fuel on the 7300, and one in the 5100. I'd guess probably about 50 saws got put to work at some point yesterday.

To rephrase a Ron White line, we didn't know how many saws it was gonna take to do this, but we knew how many we were gonna use!

:chainsaw::chainsaw::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw::chainsawguy::chainsawguy:

I went through 5 tanks of fuel on the 7300, and one in the 5100. I'd guess probably about 50 saws got put to work at some point yesterday.

Yup and the vice on the back of my truck seemed to have a saw in it getting sharpened most of the day.

Thank you all

Made it home ok last night. Still a litte sore from yesterday yet. But thank you to all who helped out. Grandpatractor, Wetgunpowder, Denny, everybody thank you for everything. Had plenty of fun over the weekend. Used the 2100CD the most, ran about 3 tanks of gas (1 qt gas tank) though it, the most that has probably run through it in a long time. Got some pic's see if I can get them put here sometime soon.

Well I made it back, 617 miles and only one tank of diesel 32 gallons worth. It was good seeing everyone again, and nice to meet some new folks too. Heavyfuel let me sleep in the loft again, sure feels good when you can just wake up and start sawing instead of driving 5.5 hours first. Thanks J.D., Boyd , And John for all there help to get this together. Thank you denny for all the great food, I no Iwill be back again when it is needed.

Beefie

Latest posts

Back