Charity cutting for Interfaith Caregivers-- April 17 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which chain ya got on that steve? That 91 VXL does pretty good.

Gotta pick up some of the VXL. Right now it's got a Total brand non safety that came with it, actually cuts pretty decent with nice chips. Probably got 2 tanks on it right now between sharpenings.

Not sure where Jazz picked that chain up at, I don't think I've seen any Total around here in a long long time.

Just saw this thread.

Count me in. I'll be the one with Stihls sticking out all over a rusty blue 1985 Chevy Silverado 4x4. I used to live in Milltown and drove Hwy. 35 a lot. It'll feel like old times, not to mention there's no big oak up here. Nice to bury the Stihls in the heavy stuff from time to time -- and for a great cause. :clap: :clap:

Happy Easter, everyone!

Thought Stihly would be competition for Beefie for the long haul competition, but google maps shows Ely to Gburg at 197 miles, (If your old Chev is like my 85 was, that's about exactly a tank of gas!) and not sure of Beefie's exact location, but I remember the Fox Valley area, so I punched in Green Bay, and came up with 295 miles.

Stihly, every time I hear the Ely tourism ads on the radio about selling naming rights to all the landmarks up there, I think of ya! Radio ad Link

Thought Stihly would be competition for Beefie for the long haul competition, but google maps shows Ely to Gburg at 197 miles, (If your old Chev is like my 85 was, that's about exactly a tank of gas!) and not sure of Beefie's exact location, but I remember the Fox Valley area, so I punched in Green Bay, and came up with 295 miles.

Stihly, every time I hear the Ely tourism ads on the radio about selling naming rights to all the landmarks up there, I think of ya! Radio ad Link

Steve, my old Chevy gets about 165-175 miles on a tank. It's set up for dual tanks, but one was missing when I bought the truck and I never bothered to replace it. Who'd have thought a 305 would be a gas guzzler? But that Rochester Quadjet does have a drinking problem. :D :D

I'm a LaCrosse native, and as well as Milltown have also lived in Superior. Spent most of my summers growing up on the Gparents' dairy farm outside Eastman (near Prairie du Chein). Always feels nice to cross the border back into Cheeseland. :clap: :clap:

Maybe I'll throw some of my camera gear in as well so there are some pics to chronicle the event. Photography is what I do for a living (www.stevefossimages.com) Problem is, I'll want to cut, not shoot. :cry:

You can cut wood , then take some pics, then cut some wood, then take some pics, etc, etc.
Can you show us StihlyinEly how you put that chain on backwards again, I am sure the group would like to see it.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Can you show us StihlyinEly how you put that chain on backwards again, I am sure the group would like to see it.

Kiss my what, Beefie? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds like this is going to be my kind of crowd. :D :D

Kiss my what, Beefie? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds like this is going to be my kind of crowd. :D :D

You should talk to Granpatractor and see if he has any room for you on friday night, I plan on coming up friday afternoon , that way I will be freash for cutting on saturday. Kind of a little GTG. Plus it will be a lot of B.S. going around.

No I am not going to kiss you , maybe :fart: next to ya:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Planning on breakfast at 7AM in Grantsburg and trying to be in the woods around 8:chainsaw: Was thinking of opening up the shack on Friday if anyone would like to stay there.

I like that. Hunting shack in spring = CHAINSAWS! :D :D

Beefie said:
Is there power, water, shower?

Dude, it's a shack! If it's got all those things, it's called a cabin. And if it's got more than a cabin, it's called a house. What, are you from Milwaukee or something? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
I'm in favor of a friday night safety meeting. My only question about the shack is:

HOW BIG IS THE BEER COOLER?

Putting chains on backwards is something anyone can do. Ask WGP for a demo of how to make a properly mounted chain feel like it's on backwards! They don't call him "Cuttindirt" for nothing!

This is why a Friday night safety meeting is important...

Now that might be an option too. Is there power, water, shower?

Beefie

Got power, water (from a hand pump in the sink), and an ice box that works well in late November but not so good in mid April. ALSO GOT A MINK LINED TOILET SEAT FOR THE TWO-HOLER out back, but it also works better in November than April!:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back