Charity cutting for Interfaith Caregivers-- April 17 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a really good time guys. I'd be there if my wife wasn't turning 40 that day. I'm throwing her a party :cheers: so I kinda gotta be a part of it.:cry:... I'm less than an hour away and I come through G-Burg all the time as I have a few properties in Webster. Love the area!

We did a similar GTG for a fund raiser for my son's wrestling team. We have a local land clearer who donated a couple of loads of wood (his kid wrestles too) and a bunch of us (and the wrestlers) got together and cut-split and stacked it. Kind of fun doing a man vs. machine challenge with the wrestlers trying to keep up with hydraulic splitters, makes for some good muscle building and some serious production. All proceeds go to the wrestling team

Have fun guys and be safe, if theres a NE wind maybe I'll be able to smell the 2 stroke smoke from here.

I think SteveNWWI might have the ablity to take vids and post them on the web.

Beefie

I'll have the camera along. It doesn't make "show quality" video, but plenty decent enough for youtube type work.

I tried using it to catch WGP actually working at the last charity cutting, but it seems to have malfunctioned...I'll try again Saturday!

J.D. are we going to need any tick spray?They have been out for awhile across the river.Are we going to be cutting the trees up alone or will we split into teams with a couple cutting and someone maybe moving brush out of the way?I will miss the safety meeting so don't get too close to me when I am cutting:chainsaw:I might just try to get up early enough to make Dales.Do they have good coffee there:cheers:

J.D. are we going to need any tick spray?They have been out for awhile across the river.Are we going to be cutting the trees up alone or will we split into teams with a couple cutting and someone maybe moving brush out of the way?I will miss the safety meeting so don't get too close to me when I am cutting:chainsaw:I might just try to get up early enough to make Dales.Do they have good coffee there:cheers:
The trees are leaners and down, kinda spread around. We can do what ever guys are comfortable with. Some like to cut by themselves and some as a team. We aren't fussy. I'm just glad that everyone is coming to help.:cheers:

The trees are leaners and down, kinda spread around. We can do what ever guys are comfortable with. Some like to cut by themselves and some as a team. We aren't fussy. I'm just glad that everyone is coming to help.:cheers:

Well we can't let you have all the fun now can we.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

If the weather guesser's are close it should be a great day to cut some wood. 59 for the high with sun to partly cloudy.

Is anyone bringing a powered splitter? Or is this just cutting & loading?

Should be too terribly dry there either if Grantsburg is getting the same storm that the Twin Cities got this morning....

It doesn't look good for me for the safety meeting, but I'll be up by 8 a.m. latest on Saturday. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty day out there, and my saws are getting HUNGRY! Just got done putting a 3-port muffler on the 038M, so she's opened up even a bit more than the original muff mod. :D :D

Well I am hafe way loaded . Got the 6 wheeler strapped down in the back of the truck. Will just hafe to load the saws and gas up. I better not forget the beer thoe.O the wife is baking some cookie bars for the safty meeting as I type .

Beefie
attachment.php

No we will just put ya with Thorcw, He will be wearing the bright orange jacket then we now were both of you are.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

I finally made it home after a long day. We look forward to meeting you all tomorrow night and Saturday morn. I'll be at WetGunPowders all day tomorrow. I plan on sharpening my saws at the safety meeting.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back