Chevy guys what brand saw do you run??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems if a person were to drag race, it's a no brainer to build a Chevy or even a Mopar for that matter, but there are not a real lot of Fo Mo Co's on the track, or the big shows to race.

Just an example, an idea I toy with. Getting a couple High-School auto shop classes involved in racing cars on Pinks. Get the Auto Instructor to drive the cars, the Debating team to do the negations and the gear heads something to get excited about.

Just a simple question, keeping it cheep, how could you run anything but Chevy?

It seems if a person were to drag race, it's a no brainer to build a Chevy or even a Mopar for that matter, but there are not a real lot of Fo Mo Co's on the track, or the big shows to race.

Just an example, an idea I toy with. Getting a couple High-School auto shop classes involved in racing cars on Pinks. Get the Auto Instructor to drive the cars, the Debating team to do the negations and the gear heads something to get excited about.

Just a simple question, keeping it cheep, how could you run anything but Chevy?
Yeah mostly cost per horsepower issue, Like who's going to
cough up 16,500 for a ford 427 race engine and stick 20,000
more into supercharging it, just to get spotted at the
track. Heads up with the right gears nothing will touch it built
here, so it is not cause ford can't dominate!!!!!!!
The cobra dominated for many years and still would if
it was not for the restrictor plates.

My personal 'Car' is an 06 Chev, 2500 CC SB D/A. It's a nice truck, all my work trucks are Dodge/Cummins. My wood hauler/plow truck is a 93' W250.

Back to the original question- I'm a big Dodge fan but I drive a F250. Why? Dodge doesn't make a crew cab that fits me, their four doors are too small in the back, the mega cab is too big and requires a short bed. I have Huskies, Stihls, Poulans and Echos. :givebeer:
Dok

Not my truck. But i foresee a Gen 3 longbed conversion megacab sometime in my future :chainsawguy:

:biggrinbounce2: http://www.megacablongbed.com/ :biggrinbounce2:

ShowLetter1.jpg

Is it me, or does the rear axle look too far back? If it is, it'd be a good puller but not such a good hauler. Definitely not for turning.

Well yeah, turning wouldn't be the sharpest ever :laugh:

But as for the axle, it's in the same relation to the bed as any of the reg/extended cab long bed duallies, so gooseneck/5th wheel applications would behave just like normal.

The longer wheelbase would allow you to move more weight to the front axle, and towing would be nicer as well at the expense of agility. The right thing to do would be to offer it in at least the 4500 series with a 45 degree wheel cut.

Yeah mostly cost per horsepower issue, Like who's going to
cough up 16,500 for a ford 427 race engine and stick 20,000
more into supercharging it, just to get spotted at the
track. Heads up with the right gears nothing will touch it built
here, so it is not cause ford can't dominate!!!!!!!
The cobra dominated for many years and still would if
it was not for the restrictor plates.

Cobras were great but Shelby went to Chevy first, he wanted their motor. A

named Chevrolet did the motor work on Barney Oldfeilds number 999. At the

Willow Springs Shelby GTG a few years ago, the fastest car around the track

Shelby Dodge Omni he did for Dodge. He was an ammazing guy. Thats all the

Senseless info I have at the time.

Chevy's and Huskies and an Echo.

Truck is a 94 K2500 HD w/ Cummins 12V/NV4500.

Saws are 372xp, 346xp ne, & Echo CS3400.

Don

Well I have chev's and fords both and I have stihl's and husky's
My favorite is dependent on application. When I want to go fast I hop in my 91 ZR-1 vette, When I want to haul firewood I use my C-30, or my C-60. When I want to get fuel to equip. on a logging site I use my F-350. When I want to work on something I use my F-550 service truck.
There are good and bad in all of us. And there is good and bad in all trucks, cars, and saws.:phone:

1964 Chevy Nova and a Toyota truck, for saws, I have a Husky and a old Wright (Poulan)....

The father-in-law's got all Dodge trucks and runs about 5 different Homelite saws and jsut recently picked up a 455 Rancher...:dizzy:

well my f250 left me stranded out of state for a week
and just got back, the egr cooler had failed for the second time
in under 50000 miles!:angry: I got so mad I traded in on a 3500
ram long bed 4+4 got the last 2007 dulley on the lot and saved a few$!
It is my first new dodge and if it turns out as everyone has said I will
be very happy with it. It is a pullin hoss the cummins towed a 26 foot
camper 70 mph never bogged or seemed to struggle I will get some pics
for you all soon it is white!

Well at least the was one other Dodge guy on here that I saw. have a 2005 dodge 3500 4dr. long bed dually with the cummins 5.9 H.O. 5 inch exhaust, edge juice with attitude programmer. About 450 hp and about 900lb.ft. of torque. And just ove 20 miles per gallon. I run Amsoil synthetic oil in it. The oil gets changed every 20,000 mile, filter every 5,000 miles (oil topped off at filter changes) and oil samples sent out at each filter change. Never any thermal or viscosity breakdown. The only reason for changing the oil is the oil gets too dirty. Too much soot suspended in it. synthetic oil just doesn't breakdown like normal petroleum oils. Their diff oil is also rated to be in the rearends of semis for 500,000 miles. That will be my next test. Samples for that will be every 50,000 miles. I only run stihl saws. Just my preferences.

Ahhhh got a 1990 GMC K2500 305 5 speed long bed, truck works great for everything, except for commuting were I run my 2001 2.2 Cavalier with 150,000. Gas is too expensive these days, Cav gets 30 average, truck gets 16.5 average. Wife has a new Cobalt SS. I've previously own a 79 Chevy C10 shotbed, 84 S10 Blazer 4X4 5 speed, 79 2 door Malibu that I put a 350 in, 84 Z28 5 speed that I put a 350 in, and 1991 Cavalier.

My imports include a 87 Nissan Sentra that I dropped the trans out of, 88 Suzuki Samuari that I killed offroading, and brand new 99 Nissan Altima SE 5 speed.

My saws 55cc Craftsman, Old McCulloch Power Mac 6, Old Craftsman 2.0.

The Megacab Longbed actually has a 2 foot shorter turning circle than a crewcab longbed Ford Superduty. Innovative Customs in Lehi, Utah also does the conversion and they did the research on it. I've driven a buddy's Megacab Longbed and I agree with that statement on the turning circle. The only time you notice the size of the truck is when parking. Anyways, back on topic. I currently drive a '07 Classic GMC 2500HD crewcab longbed 4x4 with the LBZ Duramax diesel. Just got it last week. It used to belong to my dad. To solve the problem of it being too low, I put a 6" suspension lift with 35" tires on it. It does what I want it to do now. I use Husky, Stihl, and Jonsered saws.

Scott

Latest posts

Back