Cold Texas girl needs firewood in Indianapolis 46236

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think those are steel toes?
attachment.php
[/IMG]
174408d1299024422-stock-photo-young-woman-chainsaw-white-background-28959055-jpg

Last edited:
:monkey:

Learning from GlobTree about being a gentleman would be like learning from Hillary Clinton about charm. They're both capable of it when they want to impress somebody but it's not their natural state. Hang around long enough and you'll see.

I thought you were going to say that women can learn how to be a man from Hillary Clinton. :msp_lol:

She obviously doesn't know how to search and read his other post. Hell, I sure wouldn't be afraid of the CL rapist when dealing with globo.lol I hope they have along and rewarding internet relationship together.lol
Calvin was a saint compared to this one. Anyone have Calvin's site to pass on to Globo, if those to started their on blog it would be the most read one on the net.

Thank you kindly Globotree!

Katt~ let me know if you have secured a wood supplier. If i have to I will arrange for the woods myself.

I'm working on it but I do thank you for your kindness!

Wow this thread took a dive, didn't it? For a moment there I thought I was logged into "Woodsman Gone Mad". :blob2::blob2::blob2::blob2::blob2: I kicked off my heels and was ready to kick some :buttkick: !!!!!!!!!!!

Now, regarding my posting, "Cold Texas girl needs firewood in Indianapolis 46236". I meant exactly what I said, "COLD TEXAS GIRL NEEDS FIREWOOD IN INDIANAPOLIS 46236". No more no less.

Here's the catch, I look like a girl. I talk like a girl. Therefore, I must be a girl. I get the feeling some of you will be relieved by this ....and then some of you might not.

For those whom's imaginations ran wild and dove straight into hell, :hell_boy:
I will say a little prayer for you tonight....:angel: for a safe and speedy trip home to your wives, girlfriends.....or whomever.

As a girl, we have the gift of intuition and I sense there are several Woodsmen here with a lot of class. My friend GT, you are a class act!

Well, at the end of the day, it's been real..... Not sure if I'll be back. Don't want to be the cause for mean or angry rants. But I do want to upload a pic I'm sure you'll like..... in a couple.

Take care and God Bless!

Hey Katt! take it easy! glad we could help you out! stick around and get to know some stuff and some of the guys! we are always hagglin around here nothing personal!:chainsawguy::pumpkin:

(MODERATOR) DO EVERYONE ON HERE A FAVOR AND DELETE THIS THREAD, :clap: IF SHE/HE HASNT GOT FIREWOOD BY NOW ITS HER/HIS OWN FAULT. CANNOT FIX STUPID

Hello Kat , I hope you get the wood that was talked about. Welcome to A.S. to bad your first post took A BAD turn, please don't let the action of others make A.S. look bad. There is a lot of good people on here that are willing to help others. I did not post on this before as you are to far away for me to do anything but others stepped up like I thought they wood. Hopefully you stick around awhile and post on other topics, just out of curiosity what type of a woodburner are you running? Indoor or outdoor, add on furnace or freestanding stove. Some of these? determine the wood that a person needs.

I hope that you stick around here for a little while there is a ton of good info on here.

Beefie

I just don’t really get all the drama over all this. Just this past fall I had reason to travel north about 240 miles for a blind date and thought I might as well search craiglist in the big city to see if any chainsaws might be for sale. Alas, no chainsaws for sale, but in looking for them I came across an add that said something to the effect that “my heat went out, I have a woodstove and some wood in the backyard that needs to be cut up so I can stay warm” (it was a record cold snap for these parts) They went on to say that they just needed someone with a chainsaw to cut the wood up—couldn’t pay anything but could bake.

I replied to the add--- “so, I'm from down south, but might be making a trip to Albuquerque tomorrow. Brownies for a little cutting would be another nice thing while if visit.”
They replied --

two guys with chainsaws just left. appreciate the offer. have a safe trip...

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

Had to reply--“Cool. and, if I do end up making the trip might just throw a little firewood in the back of my little truck and drop it at the corner of Eubank and Constitution. I don't think the APD will arrest me for dumping even if I do just drop it on the curb, it is after all decent firewood and someone's sure to appreciate it.

It seems a shame to travel from the woods to the city without bringing something from the woods to the city. I like the "In the end, what you have done will matter much more"

They replied, “well, if you absolutely MUST drop off some firewood in my neighborhood, might as well be in my front yard! (address deleted to protect the innocent). you are the first person ever to comment on my "tag" line. I wonder if anyone else has truly pondered it. thank you.

and in the end, the blind date went south, the wood was delivered. someone had heat for a week with the wood I delivered, I didn't get any brownies or pie, but don't regret helping out someone in need.

didn't know if it was a man, a woman, a gansta playing me, slack ass druggies begging for wood or what.. it turned out to be an old woman with a lot of dogs.

BUT, all in all, her little tag line-- In the end, what you have done will matter much more than what you have felt.-- applies.

Craiglist can work, but still I think there is a more upstanding class here on this site.

but anyway, my little rant is over and I'm quietly ducking out, not sure if I really said anything or not...

I just don’t really get all the drama over all this. Just this past fall I had reason to travel north about 240 miles for a blind date and thought I might as well search craiglist in the big city to see if any chainsaws might be for sale. Alas, no chainsaws for sale, but in looking for them I came across an add that said something to the effect that “my heat went out, I have a woodstove and some wood in the backyard that needs to be cut up so I can stay warm” (it was a record cold snap for these parts) They went on to say that they just needed someone with a chainsaw to cut the wood up—couldn’t pay anything but could bake.

I replied to the add--- “so, I'm from down south, but might be making a trip to Albuquerque tomorrow. Brownies for a little cutting would be another nice thing while if visit.”
They replied --

two guys with chainsaws just left. appreciate the offer. have a safe trip...

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY

Had to reply--“Cool. and, if I do end up making the trip might just throw a little firewood in the back of my little truck and drop it at the corner of Eubank and Constitution. I don't think the APD will arrest me for dumping even if I do just drop it on the curb, it is after all decent firewood and someone's sure to appreciate it.

It seems a shame to travel from the woods to the city without bringing something from the woods to the city. I like the "In the end, what you have done will matter much more"

They replied, “well, if you absolutely MUST drop off some firewood in my neighborhood, might as well be in my front yard! (address deleted to protect the innocent). you are the first person ever to comment on my "tag" line. I wonder if anyone else has truly pondered it. thank you.

and in the end, the blind date went south, the wood was delivered. someone had heat for a week with the wood I delivered, I didn't get any brownies or pie, but don't regret helping out someone in need.

didn't know if it was a man, a woman, a gansta playing me, slack ass druggies begging for wood or what.. it turned out to be an old woman with a lot of dogs.

BUT, all in all, her little tag line-- In the end, what you have done will matter much more than what you have felt.-- applies.

Craiglist can work, but still I think there is a more upstanding class here on this site.

but anyway, my little rant is over and I'm quietly ducking out, not sure if I really said anything or not...

cliff notes: you drove 240 miles for a blind date...? howd she/he look? :msp_flapper:

ok

ok,, cliff notes, she was/is stunning. but alas, way out of my woodcutting blue collar league.

also I didn't mean to imply that there's too much drama here, I enjoy it as much as the next. Just hope someone takes it upon themselves to help out a soul in need.

Wow, I haven't seen a thread like this since...well, since when I was in the Chainsaw Forum earlier today.

:hmm3grin2orange:

we should all just flip the switch on the mercury vapor lights and get back to 'noodling' We all know that those two stoke air cooled engines love cold dense air

Nice signature TreePointer, thanks for throwing the link in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back