Cold Texas girl needs firewood in Indianapolis 46236

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of Season Specials

Right now there are quite a few dealers in Nebraska offering end of season specials on firewood. These suppliers do no business in the summer selling small bundles for campfires, so I've seen seasoned oak offered for $95 a truckload if the buyer picks up and loads it.

Last year I almost doubled my sales selling small bundles of easy-to-burn wood, such as cottonwood, soft maple, and elm, 7 to 8 logs per bundle. You need to sell bundles of low-density because many ladies cannot even pick up 8 logs of oak, even with a carrying handle attached. Over half my customers were women.

Unfortunately, Martina McBride never made it to my wood depot. :popcorn:

Craigslist is not recommended for this woman, ok? she already stressed she was nervous about some rapist POS. Just lay off already about the rest of your little rant ok? take a pill, besides, i thought you had a firewood business going on? maybe you could take care of her wood needs? or at least co-ordinate for us??? let me know:cheers:

ive had many woman call me for firewood that found my ad on craigslist...
ive delivered to many woman that were home alone, ive even delivered to single mothers, without raping them ! :msp_lol: , thats ridiculous to assume some firewood vendor is going to come rape you if you dont have a man there... :bang:

globo, would you go through all this, if the title was "cold texas boy needs firewood"?

Unfortunately, Martina McBride never made it to my wood depot. :popcorn:

dont worry Dr. , she was there in spirit, she told me to give this picture to you

martina-mcbride-feet-2.jpg

ive had many woman call me for firewood that found my ad on craigslist...
ive delivered to many woman that were home alone, ive even delivered to single mothers, without raping them ! :msp_lol: , thats ridiculous to assume some firewood vendor is going to come rape you if you dont have a man there... :bang:

globo, would you go through all this, if the title was "cold texas boy needs firewood"?
look doods~ I was just trying to be a responsible woodsman~ help out a cold texas girl, wow! need more info on craigs list rapist POS.

look doods~ I was just trying to be a responsible woodsman~ help out a cold texas girl, wow! need more info on craigs list rapist POS.

i have to wonder if you are just trolling half the time.. your posts are so silly sometimes, you must be..:biggrinbounce2:

and you never answered the question: would you go through all of this to help a texas boy find some firewood in the middle of february? or does your duty as a 'responsible woodsman' end there?

i have to wonder if you are just trolling half the time.. your posts are so silly sometimes, you must be..:biggrinbounce2:

and you never answered the question: would you go through all of this to help a texas boy find some firewood in the middle of february? or does your duty as a 'responsible woodsman' end there?

trolling???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
unlike you I do not know what this means. Silly posts? whatever! seems once a post is made its history man!!Question:texas boy runs out of wood, globotree posts in thread to get some members attention in Indianapolis~ for sure I wood, if i saw the post and was available to make posts, yes I wood. But come on!!!Cold Texas Girl, thats gonna get anyones eye, especially a Globotree

Dropped Ball

As I reread this thread I'm not sure what to think .
I saw the thread start , read it and thought that it could be a troll but gave it the benefit of the doubt , after a few posts go by and a couple "REAL OFFERS OF HELP" I thought to myself that there's a couple of stand up guys , case closed .
Then after a few light hart-ted jabs at humor the CRAP starts with posts that I'm not understanding what they really mean (I might need an english refresher course) and some posts that might be fit for the tavern but I don't feel that they have a place here , maybe I'm wrong but I sure hope that If I wasn't around and my daughter needed firewood (or anything else) and started a thread in a large forum which you could call a community that the help would be there without any disrespect .
No I'm not trying to start a fight and I'll not post anymore on this train-wreck of a thread , just stating things as I see it but I hope I'm wrong because of my english and I could be way off base on this .

dont worry Dr. , she was there in spirit, she told me to give this picture to you

martina-mcbride-feet-2.jpg

Just to stir your thoughts a little bit, banshee67. Martina grew up 30 miles south of where I live. I used to party down there a lot. 3 or 4 beers and she's dancin naked on the nearest table. I can't imagine how much money I could have made if they had invented the camera phone back then.

For some odd reason I just read this entire thread. Kinda like slowing down to look at the accident on the highway. I would think a moderator would have stopped this embarassment before it went this far. Wow...:angrysoapbox:

Globotree, I really hate to break it to you, but you are much more arrogant than I ever was. The first couple of posts are funny and do mean good, but soon the whole thread gets completely trashed by over-posting. Don't let the others provoke you to post, ignore their comments if you don't like them. I have gotten a thread deleted by harshly flaming those that offended me. It wasn't worth it.

I had a similar problem when I first started here, but have since been keeping it to a minimum. All everyone else and I are trying to say is you are going overboard, a little too far sometimes. No offense, but you really need to slow down a bit.

Globotree, I really hate to break it to you, but you are much more arrogant than I ever was. The first couple of posts are funny and do mean good, but soon the whole thread gets completely trashed by over-posting. Don't let the others provoke you to post, ignore their comments if you don't like them. I have gotten a thread deleted by harshly flaming those that offended me. It wasn't worth it.

I had a similar problem when I first started here, but have since been keeping it to a minimum. All everyone else and I are trying to say is you are going overboard, a little too far sometimes. No offense, but you really need to slow down a bit.
hey promac! thanks for the input, we need more positive criticism here on AS and I think your demonstrating a keen nack for that type of thing. Your POV is invited anytime on any thread and I will refer you to the threadbusters union meeting this spring. Sometimes people try to provoke others and we have freedom of expression, we have every right to exercise that freedom, AS is a wonderful medium for expressing our opinions. But buddy, what are you talking about in this thread? like? are you off your rocker?
This woman was looking for Firewood and I think she may have found it period. If I want your comments in the future would you prefer I send out invitations? over posting? please bring this issue up in the thread about nothing~ see ringleader
(cpt. vandelay) your comments appreciated. GT

WOW!!!!!! What happened while I was sleeping???

First, I want to thank GB for being a gentleman and trying to help me, as well as ericjeeper whom I plan to call in the morning. I was to call today but I got 3 cortisone shots today and it wiped me out with pain. I took a bad fall two years ago in heels and ate it against a curb. Again, I plan to call in the morn...

First..........I ran out of firewood. Silly me, but I did. I thought for sure I'd find someone selling it by the side of the road, as customary in TEXAS. Well I didn't and as much firewood I burn, I need a lot, and refuse to buy at the local grocery store.

I went through Craigslist and called a couple but to date still haven't received a call back. I did a google search and found other people were able to get firewood through this forum. So I joined up. Plus, I saw a lot of warnings against people trying to sell green for seasoned wood. I have never posted or joined any of forums at all but somehow thought the people here could be more legit and maybe even nicer since many of you are in the business.

Soon after posting, I received some nice and funny people trying to help out as well as some ignet "ignorant" postings and less than gentlemen remarks. I was thrown a little as my intentions was to find seasoned firewood, but several of you came to my rescue and this gained my confidence back. Thank you GB, ericjeeper and many others! I appreciated your comments, help and well wishes, and I found a contact for firewood and this was my purpose. Yeehaw!!!!

Unfortunately, some of you here are cynical, mean spirited #######s without manners nor faith in the rest of the human race and see an act of kindness as an ulterior motive. Did your wives run off with someone they met on line? If not, they will soon! So lighten up and learn what being a gentleman from GB.

And, if I've offended your small and fragile egos, good! Just click the "next thread" link and get the hell of my thread and DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS!

Someone pee in your rice crispies?

and you never answered the question: would you go through all of this to help a texas boy find some firewood in the middle of february? or does your duty as a 'responsible woodsman' end there?[/QUOTE

I'm thankful GB is a responsible woodsman. He has integrity and it shows!

Why you hating?

Globo, please don't spread you ignorant rants and bull **** to legitimate threads other than your "ring" threads. It prolly makes new members cringe when they try to understand your teenage gibberish. I'm sure your going to haul wood to Indy from Canada.lol

Read the thread SLOWLY.....he never said he would. GB encouraged people near me to help, which happened as such. Instead, you got your panties in a ruffle and insulted GB without taking the time to understand he was being a standup woodsman. You owe him an apology!!!!

Looking for firewood (free or reasonable price) in Indianapolis (46236).

Cut two trees two years ago that were in pretty bad shape and have had firewood for a while now. Ran out of firewood last night......and desperately need some more. Does anyone know where I can buy some? I live in 46236. I can pick up today.

Thanks!

Kat
Sounds like the people calling me. I want it now, free or at MY price, HURRY I'M OUT!!Four days later , still messing around. globbo could have pushed away from the 'puter and drove some down and been back by now.

Thanks crappie for the question! oh sorry! the BS!
RIGHT~ if you reread it then you will see, now the wood you burned which you bought was a savings of $_______?, now recalculate the additional savings... pretend you have a chainsaw and you were to go and get yer own woods! now dont you think you could afford to pay someone to stack that wood? and you wood still be ahead...anyways thanks for the comment !

My time is worth something.When I'm not at my day job I have another job.I guide fishing plus when I'm not guiding I have jigs to tie which I am behind a good 1000.
Then there's the regular house duties and a black lab to care for.
I really do not think that to buy a saw and a splitter,pay for upkeep and general allowances for gas/oil plus the wood permit plus driving to & from the wood source can actually save me that much extra cash.
On top of that I'm really not interest busting my hump to do the work.
Putting up wood is a strenous task and I've done it for 20 years when I was a younger so I do know what it is about.

Good luck with your other assumptions.....have a nice day....

If a guy came here singing the blues about no firewood, after a few lashes for being stupid the thread would be gone by now.

Welcome to AS and the hoosier state. My favorite politician is from Texas and his name doesn't start with a "B".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back