Cold Texas girl needs firewood in Indianapolis 46236

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat222

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for firewood (free or reasonable price) in Indianapolis (46236).

Cut two trees two years ago that were in pretty bad shape and have had firewood for a while now. Ran out of firewood last night......and desperately need some more. Does anyone know where I can buy some? I live in 46236. I can pick up today.

Thanks!

Kat

Last edited:
Looking for firewood (free or reasonable price) in Indianapolis (46236).

Cut two trees two years ago that were in pretty bad shape and have had firewood for a while now. Ran out of firewood last night......and desperately need some more. Does anyone know where I can buy some? I live in 46236. I can pick up today.

Thanks!

Kat

if you were a guy, they would have already flamed you for waiting till you ran out! :msp_sneaky:
never wait till you burn your last piece to look for more!
check craigslist, go to For Sale section, and type in firewood, there should be tons of guys selling cheap, all trying to undecut each others prices, tough to find seasoned wood this time of year though, most guys have sold out and will now sell you fresh split wood for the same price, and call it seasoned. good luck

I could prolly come off of a cord or so, but you have to pick it up.

Get some bio-bricks or some other compressed-wood product. Use it now, and use it later to burn the wet wood you get when you find someone to sell you firewood.

Good luck

If you are picking up.ANd wish to drive south to Martinsville. My son has good dry wood stored inside.$50 a face cord. He will not deliver to Indy. But I guarantee the wood to be good well seasoned hardwoods.

Willing to bet if she buys wood from Eric's son, she'll buy more wood next year...

Could not ask for a better group of people...:clap:

If your willing to drive an hour east there's a AS member in Batesville that sells firewood to fund his saw addiction. He sells year around and always has a good supply of seasoned hardwood... at a very reasonable price.

He's also delivers but not much more 20 miles... but he might be persuaded.

Cold Texas Girl might be a guy figuring he'd get more response and sympathy disguised as a girl.

Texas girl has a cold...

Ericjeeper you are a gentlemen and I thank you!

This sounds like a deal I can't turn down! Now, I need to figure out how to haul it........ I drive a Yukon and always travel with two 100lb blonde labs that would never forgive me if I didn't take them for a drive. So I have to figure how accommodate.

Please let your son know I'm interested and working on it. I just need to figure out it a face cord will fit in my Yukon, or if he will sell me a smaller amount? Please let me know.

Oh yea, here's a pic for kingfisher! :camera:

What is the problem here? somebody bring her some wood already.

Ok katt you need to realize that hauling wood in your yukon is brave and admirable suggestion, however, one of the boyz will be happy to deliver you some wood, we are workin on it. Figure out where you want it delivered to, talk to a local farmer or a friend who has property, maybe better to have the boyz bring it there( probably a 1/2 bush if they are cool with that. In the meantime we will figure out who is closest to you, you dont need to start messin around with the woods in that fine automobile, what if? for instance there is larvae from carpenter ants in a piece ? or any other silly little boring insect that might get just warm enough to feel strong enough to think on boring through your brain? you dont ant these insects in your hair do you? just give them a tip when they deliver it, get a lil trailer or something to deal with the woods that way. Be in touch GLOBOWOODS

Thank you kindly Globetree!

Wow, thank you Globetree! Never thought about little critters in my Yukon, much less my hair or my brain.....:eek:ps:

I'm located smack in the middle where Marion, Hamilton, and Hancock meet. I'm in Marion (46236), Fishers is just on the other side of a creek in my backyard, and McCordsville is one block to my left.

I have a couple of farmers to my left in McCordsville but I don't know them. I do have a shed in the back and have plenty of room on the back side of my house where I had the other wood. The driveway will work for delivery and I'll stack myself.

I will certainly pay for the firewood and delivery as I much appreciate everyones efforts. I thank you!

Please let me know what I need to do to make this happen!

Best Regards!

Katt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back