Cornell wood splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever heard of cornell wood splitters? My uncle has one that he bought back in 1980 with an 8 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. The Tag says it was built in Laceyville PA. Looks like one heck of a heavy duty splitter. Anybody know if they still make these?

all ican find

Anybody ever heard of cornell wood splitters? My uncle has one that he bought back in 1980 with an 8 hp Briggs and Stratton engine. The Tag says it was built in Laceyville PA. Looks like one heck of a heavy duty splitter. Anybody know if they still make these?
Cy C. Cornell
Jan. 29, 2002
Mr. Cy C. Cornell, age 52, of RR4, Box 4329, Wyalusing, PA, formerly of Indian Hill in Laceyville, passed away suddenly at the Memorial Hospital in Towanda on Tuesday afternoon, Jan. 29, 2002. Born in Binghamton, NY, on Sept. 29, 1949, he was the son of Bickford E. Taylor Cornell and the late Cyrus J. Cornell. Mr. Cornell was a graduate of the Wyalusing Valley High School, Class of 1967 and later attended the Williamsport Area Community College. Cy was the vice-president of the Cornell Manufacturing, Inc. in Laceyville for many years, retiring in 1990. While at Cornell’s, Cy was very active in the design department. He was the designer of the Cornell Wood Splitter, as well as many other pieces of equipment. He was also the designer of the computer setworks for the Cornell Sawmill Machinery. After retirement, he owned and operated the Indian Hill Wood Products in Laceyville until his ill health. Cy was a life member of the NRA and was also a member of the Greater Wyalusing Chamber of Commerce. He is survived by his mother, Bickford E. Taylor Cornell of Laceyville; a son and his wife, Steve and Lucianna Cornell of Laceyville; a brother, Melvin L. Cornell of Kingston; two sisters and their husbands, Yvonne and Fred Phinney of Laceyville and Claudette and Gary Burke of Sugar Run; also several nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. Memorial services will be held on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. from the Sheldon Funeral Home, Main St., Laceyville, with the Rev. Richard Vieldhouse of the Orwell Bible Church, officiating. Interment will be at the convenience of the family in the Lacey St. Cemetery, Laceyville. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday, from 1 p.m. until the time of the service. In lieu of flowers, those wishing, may make memorial donations to the Laceyville Ambulance Association, PO Box 274, Laceyville, PA 18623.

About 202,000 results (0.43 seconds)
Search Results

Log Splitters - Wood Splitters, Firewood Processors and other ...
RamSplitter.com Home of the Original 16 Ton Compact Log Splitter and Design your ... Cornell Industrial Corporation, RR2 US Route 6. Laceyville PA 18623 USA ...
www.logsplitters.com/processors.htm - Cached - Similar

Have been using 3 pt hitch model for over 15 years for 5-7 cords a year...could not be more pleased

Replaced seals once with complete very reasonable kit from mfr

The former Cornell factory is about 30 miles from my home. I am not sure what is produced there, but it had a diferent name.

There were great splitters. My father built a splitter in 1975 or 76-it worked well, but he saw the Cornell splitters and decided to make another one based on some of the design features on the Cornell. We actually drove to the factory and bought the detent valve for the splitter. That spltter has split literally a thousand cords of wood- we used to sell 20-30 cords a year.

Will

The former Cornell factory is about 30 miles from my home. I am not sure what is produced there, but it had a diferent name.

There were great splitters. My father built a splitter in 1975 or 76-it worked well, but he saw the Cornell splitters and decided to make another one based on some of the design features on the Cornell. We actually drove to the factory and bought the detent valve for the splitter. That spltter has split literally a thousand cords of wood- we used to sell 20-30 cords a year.

Will

Pendu Manufacturing. Prolly still build a splitter for the right price.Sawmill equipment isn't selling good now.

Thanks for all the replies. Too bad they dont build them anymore. It sure is a nice one.

Back