Crap - I've been corrupted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 290 is down for a few days for some repair, and the guy I get my log lengths from let me borrow his 460/20" bar for the weekend. I bought a new chain and got to work. After 5 minutes I was actully laughing out loud at how much it makes the 290 look stupid. I plowed through the medium logs (10-14") like they were toothpicks, and a couple of big 40" and larger monsters were no match whatsoever. I was so unused to the power that I kept getting pulled forward when the saw started into the cut.

It is insane - I had no idea what a real saw felt like. There is no way I'm going to be able to go back to the 290 now.

MS 460, best saw made to date IMO! I've owned the bigger Stihls and must say the 460 is top notch.

When I take my big saw and another saw out I use the big saw.
Its heavy and goes through wood like its butter.
Its over in no time.
Not worth starting the other one.

:agree2:

:bowdown: There is no REPLACEMENT for DISPLACEMENT!!! :rock: :chainsaw:
Word!! (Although it does look kinda lame to cut 12" rounds with a 394XP) :monkey:
Right now I am loving my stock 357xp, muffler mod coming shortly but with a sharp chain and 20" B/C it makes quick work of most firewood. I kick myself for ever buying the 455 what a dog!

Back