Do you have tree-itis?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
755b210c9942a22b3b5c33eb0cd771a2.jpg

61f316c4dd80266c3bc9028bf860281b.jpg

I'm always looking up to evaluate trees at their tops...is it gonna leaf or no?
One of these days I probably walk straight into a tree or trip on something as I'm looking up.

I was waiting for my son to get off the bus and was walking around checking out some learners thinking they'd be great practice lol

What do you do when you drive by and see at least 50 not-too-big trees in a woods cut down near a road, lying there for as month or so, limbs all attached? Things like this always amaze me.

Today was skidding in a section we cut about a year ago.

Wasn't a good idea to leave them, the trees are about fused into the ground. Still have ~2ft of snow so that isn't helping either.

Thankfully almost done. Pulled out about 300 trees and have maybe 100 left... and then finish a ~10 acre section before it turns to mud again.

Woods are thick too. Did about 15 acres last week and pulled about 100 cords off it.

Me no never. Actually my wife and kids think I’m crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was skidding in a section we cut about a year ago.

Wasn't a good idea to leave them, the trees are about fused into the ground. Still have ~2ft of snow so that isn't helping either. Thankfully almost done. Pulled out about 300 trees and have maybe 100 left... and then finish a ~10 acre section before it turns to mud again.

Woods are thick too. Did about 15 acres last week and pulled about 100 cords off it.
Time for me to move to Alaska. Simple as that.

An unfortunate obsession. I fell way more trees in my mind than I put a saw to.

It's a shame all the Elm trees that go to waste around here, wish I could cut down every one of them into firewood. Sad thing is if I asked some of the property owners they'd have no issue, but it's hard to find the time.

When you are out and about , do you find yourself evaluating trees you see with respect to how difficult it would be to take them down and slice them up? What equipment you would need and which saws you would use for the job?

I did this 40 times last Tuesday at the cabin. For me each tree also requires determination of burn locations with in proximity of the tree.

If any of you have been to shaver lake california we have a 16ft high 600 ft long log stack at lodge road and highway 168.

I do drive down the road looking at trees wondering which way i would fell them or if they needed to be limbed out first. Will that one hit the house or how would I do that one. Usually I look at the ones laying down wishing I could cut them up. My wife yells at me all the time because I'm looking at people's yards and not paying attention to driving.
Glad I ain’t the only one.

F67EFE82-37DA-4290-9E9E-91B519CE6004.jpeg Looking for firewood does have its benefits. Spotted this one 200 yards off the road at the end of an alfalfa field. Stopped and asked, help yourself. :happybanana:Note the size of the 590.

Back