Does anyone else use a Lickety Log Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the bigger two stage ones. It's complete. I planned on restoring it as my first retirement project. My wife would like to see it go away. She would like to see it go away so bad, she bought me a brand new splitter. I might put it on ebay just to see what happens, Joe.

I watched one on ebay in your area a few years ago that didn't run bring $3250.

You guys got me thinkin now. I know where one is sitting in a garage and the guy only wants $800. I have many hours back in the day with that machine.

That splitter is a EK308. It doesn't have the automatic back-and-forth cycling but it does have the automatic idle and return.

That is the splitter I have Lowell Webb said it was a very good machine but not the top of the line. He said it was popular in rental yards.

That splitter is a EK308. It doesn't have the automatic back-and-forth cycling but it does have the automatic idle and return.

That is the splitter I have Lowell Webb said it was a very good machine but not the top of the line. He said it was popular in rental yards.
What do you know about the 26EK30?

Last time I was out I lost the coil on the lickity log splitter I bought. Found a new one @110.00........ So I had some stuff lying around and came up with this.

Battery box, toggle switch, old 12v coil, ballast resistor, and a little ingenuity, I made it run for a total investment of just my time.

I was fortunate the old K181 had points so all I needed was power and a coil. I know it won't self charge but, I will wear out before the battery dies!
7asysu4e.jpg

y5esava8.jpg

Even might mount this super quiet muffler on too!
vegu2y7u.jpg

I will brace it of course! Muffler is off a farmall A tractor.

Just happen to look at this thread cause I was bored and it turns out my girlfriends great uncle across the road from me has one of these spillters. I though it was home madw or something. Never seane it run but thougj that thing would split anything with that big wedge on it. Ill get some pics next time im over there.

I have several parts for my Lickity Split I'd like to sell/trade - MK348. I'm converting the machine so need to get rid of the electric start Kohler (I have 2), springs, controller, manual, etc.
I need a rim/tire and will buy it or trade for my parts. Email me at [email protected].

thats what i thought to. I swear I am still the only one with a compact 25abs25 lickity log splitter. I will post some picks later this week i just stripped the whole thing down and in the process of rebuilding it.
Do you still have your Lickity Log Splitter? I recently came across a 25SBS25TW that I just put a new Predator motor on. It works well but I need to get new o-rings for the cylinder. Just wanted to let you know that there is at least one other machine like yours out there.

LICKITY lOG SPLITTER

Not sure how old this post is but i have a Lickity Split Log Splitter I have used for years and love it. If I can help you out at all just contact me. I also have a PDF of the manual for a model MK348 I can send you if needed. Here is the link to my you tube channel with the video of my Splitter. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDanoconnor?feature=mhum
I know this post is old but I need help I was wondering if that PDF manual was still available as I need one badly I just acquired this thing and I have to make it work because it looks so damn cool splits good but won't shift not enough throw on the shift cylinder

I know this post is old but I need help I was wondering if that PDF manual was still available as I need one badly I just acquired this thing and I have to make it work because it looks so damn cool splits good but won't shift not enough throw on the shift cylinder
Dan O'Connor has ther manuals - he has been very helpful for me and others. For the ram to return automatically, I had to adjust the threaded rod end of the actuation rod at the valve to get mine to shift at the end of the stroke. It took a little fooling around but it's easy to make the adjustment.

Dan O'Connor has ther manuals - he has been very helpful for me and others. For the ram to return automatically, I had to adjust the threaded rod end of the actuation rod at the valve to get mine to shift at the end of the stroke. It took a little fooling around but it's easy to make the adjustment.
Can I ask what oil your running in your machine

Can I ask what oil your running in your machine
I had to replace the motor. The original Briggs was blown and Harbor Freight has a nice little replacement that bolts right on - all the holes line up - for $99 if you have the coupon. So I am running whatever oil was recommended with the motor. For the hydraulics, I used some NAPA hydraulic fluid. Not that I'm particularly well versed with things like this but I didn't understand why they used 30W motor oil and I decided that hydraulic fluid was better formulated for this kind of use. I drained all the old stuff out (and it was very ugly - a combination of 30W, hydraulic fluid that someone had added, and water from sitting in a backyard for a few years) and changed the filter which I also got at NAPA. It leaks a little from both the valve and the ram (and I changed the O-rich on the ram) but not so much as to pose a problem. I figured that the ram leak provides a little lubrication for the brass shoes on the beam as the ram extends and retracts. :)

Latest posts

Back