Dolmar 5105 stalls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricConley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a rather new 5105 that stalls on me. If I give it throttle with the brake engaged it will stall out once I release the throttle. This will happen in a cut too if I get it pinched. Other than this, the saw runs, cuts and starts good. Any suggestions?

How new is the saw? The tune may be a touch lean. You could try richening the L a little bit and see if that helps.

Turning up the idle will also help. In my experience what you described is the saw loading up from too much fuel, not too little, so I normally lean out the low speed screw rather than richening it, but you can try both and see what works best.

Thanks. I'll give that a try, although I'm amazed at how little room for adjustment there is on the L for this saw. The limiter only allows for a quarter turn or so. The saw is only on it's third tank of fuel.

Hi. I've got a rather new 5105 that stalls on me. If I give it throttle with the brake engaged it will stall out once I release the throttle. This will happen in a cut too if I get it pinched. Other than this, the saw runs, cuts and starts good. Any suggestions?

+1 on the L setting but if its still under warranty take it back to the dealer. They may have to pull limiter caps to get it set right.

Thanks. I'll give that a try, although I'm amazed at how little room for adjustment there is on the L for this saw. The limiter only allows for a quarter turn or so. The saw is only on it's third tank of fuel.

My 5100 needed a couple of adjustments during break in. Sounds like your saw is new and still under warranty. Better off to let the shop do the adjusting than void your warranty.

I adjusted the L and idle a number of times but the problem persisted so I dropped it off at the shop today. Should hear back in a day or two. Thanks for the replies.

Got it back today. They made some adjustments beyond what I was, but ultimately, they richened the L and turned up the idle. Much better throttle response now too.

Small changes can mean a lot of difference, a quarter turn can be a lot!

Latest posts

Back