DOLMAR KMS 4 Wankel Score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Boss was late picking me up Tuesday so I figured I would browse though craigslist. My jaw dropped when I seen a picture of it. Called the boss and told him I would meet him at the landing at around 11 o'clock. Headed out and picked her up. Was sitting on the guys porch when I arrived. He said it been sitting in his garage for six years since his father gave it to him. He said it wouldn't start. When I made it back to the landing I opened the fuel cap and it was dry. Fueled her up and gave it a few pulls and it came to life. Ran it for a few mins. Seemed to run pretty well. Haven't put it to any wood yet. From what the guy told me its the original bar. Spocket shows hardly any wear. I never seen one in person until Tuesday. Has been on my wishlist for a long time. I don't post too often but I had to share with CAD Folks here. Fiance is sick of hearing about it. Hopefully I can get around of making a vid of it some time.

Thanks guys. Never dreamed I would get a chance to own one. I have been giddy since I got it.

Do you want to sell it? lol Nice find I'll have one someday.

No I really don't think I could part with it. Probably never get a deal this good in my life time again. It will make a good shelf queen. Something to break out once in a while. Love the sound of it.

Great deal, good eye, lots of luck,

but how much are they, generally?

:)

Is there a serial number sticker on the saw? It would be on the back of the saw next to the rear handle.

Is there a serial number sticker on the saw? It would be on the back of the saw next to the rear handle.

I did not find a tag or any evidence where the tag was. Do you know how many were imported to the US? You wouldn't have a choke knob for one, would you?

Wankel?

Is this saw a rotary engine? Ive never heard of them, just curious. Im gonna go on the web and search them a little. So i see it is rotary, is it two or four stroke??

Last edited:
Very good pick up Keen, that is one desireable collectors saw. Bill G has one that he routinely brings to our GTG's.

MM - The power plant is a Wankle / rotary so the action is more like two stroke. They run on mixed fuel to keep the seals lubricated.

The KMS 4 is one saw that should be on every collectors list, I know it's on mine.

I did manage to pick up a McCulloch BP-1 last year, hopefully one of these days I'll get it put back together and get it running.

Maybe one day I'll manage to get the Echo twin and the Solo twin as well...

Mark

Latest posts

Back