Donate to help Jasha. He's one of our own.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job thus far all.

Nothing better than seeing a community help one of its own. and from my short time here, seems like the industry hazards keep people somewhat busy.

I am gonna take care of Brad when I get a little more mobile, promise.

Hear this Brad? When he gets out of the hospital, he's gonna "take care of Brad". Sounds like you're gonna "get whats coming to ya".

So you should either be real excited. . . Or you should change your name and address. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Hear this Brad? When he gets out of the hospital, he's gonna "take care of Brad". Sounds like you're gonna "get whats coming to ya".

So you should either be real excited. . . Or you should change your name and address. :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Haha, yeah buster... What he said!!!! Lol.

id like to thank brad for taking the time to put this together ,this saw has a little story behind it ,i got it from a faller that worked at company next door here ,he had to move so his wife could be closer to her family ,she was diagnosed with cancer at a young age ,and he couldnt take everything with him so he gave me a couple of his broken saws before he left ,im glad to see it going to a good cause ,and hope it can generate some help for Jashas upcoming bills ,i know hospital stays arent cheap no matter how good of insurance you have

I just read a funny quote from Tim Hawkins (Christian comedian):

"Ever notice that evil dictators are never named Brad?". :laugh:

Thought that was pretty funny when you think about it!!

It would certainly change the way our news headlines read. Even though it just doesn't seem to fit!

"Brad believed to have WMD's." "Iran elects Brad as new leader."

:hmm3grin2orange:

Not much of a decision there! After watching him throw an 880 around like a 180, I'm contacting the Secret Service to see if I can get in the Witness Protection program!

I am gonna take care of Brad when I get a little more mobile, promise.

Haha, yeah buster... What he said!!!! Lol.

Not much of a decision there! After watching him throw an 880 around like a 180, I'm contacting the Secret Service to see if I can get in the Witness Protection program!

Nah, I pack hugs and treats.

Brad - I'd be afraid, no SCARED, when Jasha get better!!! You better run and take cover.... (and maybe a butt plug to be safe:msp_tongue: )

Jasha - good luck tomorrow. I'm glad to hear (see?!) that you're in a good scene of mind! A positive outlook is the best medicine! (Too many "replacement" parts, too often, too young for me - but a positive outlook; gonna kick a$$ when I get back, has helped me through it all... )

:confused: Wow. Step away from a thread for eight hours to go to work and you get left completely behind. Gonna have to go back a couple and see whats going on here. :popcorn:

It's Alive!!!

Tonight was very productive. I got every part of the saw cleaned up and all put back together. It's even running:clap: I ran across a few hickups, but nothing that couldn't be overcome.

Here's what's been done/replaced/repaired so far:
  1. Everything disassembled and cleaned
  2. Crankcase reassembled with OEM gaskets and crank seals - Ordered and received last week
  3. New Caber rings - Had a set on hand
  4. Replaced the decomp - was bent
  5. Replaced the missing large washer under clutch - Had a spare on hand
  6. Replaced misc missing bolts
  7. Installed a steel thread insert on the upper right AV mount
  8. Drilled bottom inner dawg bolt to 6mm to repair stripped threads

Items to be ordered tomorrow needed to finish it up:
  1. Clutch drum bearing
  2. Clutch springs
  3. Washer that holds on clutch drum
  4. E-clip inside brake assembly
  5. Chip guard in clutch cover
  6. Rope rotor for recoil
  7. ElastoStart rope

There's a story to go with the rope rotor needing replaced. Once I had the rotating assembly and recoil installed, I pulled the engine over. It sound like I had left the wrist pin bearing out! It turned out that the I.D. of the plastic rope rotor was so wollered out that it was slapping around in the recoil assembly everytime the engine hit BDC or TDC. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. That was a new one for me. Had me scared for a minute. I even had the jug back off to double check things.

Since I don't have a clutch drum bearing, I couldn't really demo the saw running. In order to run it, I had to hold the clutch drum on by hand and let it spin under light pressure by my fingers. The saw sounds and runs great though. I'll get a vid up as soon as the rest of these parts come in.

BTW, this is a full blown west coast falling saw, complete with after market big dawgs, wide clutch cover, and a very nice Pro-Safety full-wrap handle! The saw is all stock, with the exception of a muffler mod and the limiter caps trimmed.

IMG9530-M.jpg

IMG9531-M.jpg

IMG9532-M.jpg

IMG9533-M.jpg

IMG9534-L.jpg

IMG9539-M.jpg

Last edited:
I'd still like to find a nice cylinder shroud for this thing. Other than a couple insignificant chips in the clutch cover, these cracks in the cylinder shroud are the only flaws on the saw.

IMG9536-M.jpg

IMG9537-M.jpg

IMG9538-M.jpg

Last edited:
There's a story to go with the rope rotor needing replaced. Once I had the rotating assembly and recoil installed, I pulled the engine over. It sound like I had left the wrist pin bearing out! It turned out that the I.D. of the plastic rope rotor was so wollered out that it was slapping around in the recoil assembly everytime the engine hit BDC or TDC. It took me a while to figure out what was going on. That was a new one for me. Had me scared for a minute. I even had the jug back off to double check things.

Looking good Brad. I've done the same thing myself- a 372 once gave me such a racket that I figured I'd left a wrist pin clip out. It turned out to be the recoil pulley as well.

I'll send the bar and chains on Friday. I'm at training right now about five hours from home.

Latest posts

Back