Dozerdan's Frankenstein: Dolmar PP7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff
Is that a little 450 in the picture?
I never had the opportunity to use a Drott or 4in1 bucket.They should work out nicely for picking up the stump,after it is loose.
Was the stump hole larger then the small machine?
Later
Dan

Thanx Brian for the inquiry. Since I have bought so many saws in the last 6 months ( you know....hiding from my wife and all ) I've been trying to give them all ample run time. Since this is the downtime part of the year work has been few and far between. So there hasn't been a whole lot of running anything that I own. I will say this though, I'm extremely happy with the saw and the work that Dan did to it. It's the strongest saw that I have run in that size. This saw pulls real hard all throughout the whole powerband. While it would give an 066 a hard run for it's money I don't know if it would beat it. The 066 has a full 13 cc's on the 7900 so IMO that in itself makes the difference. That is not a downside. The beauty of the 7900 is the power that you get out of a 13 1/2 lb. saw!!!

For all these reasons Dan will get the other 7900 that I have!

As I get older, weight has been given more weight!

I will keep you updated.:D

Hi Rich, I heard the 7900 is a nice runner for sure. I have only seen one in pictures, but I sure like the dogs. When you make it up here bring one along.
I just draged my 2nd last butt out of the woods.
John

Back