drying wood in your clothes dryer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run it through the washer first, medium setting, warm water. When you put it in the dryer use full heat and maximum drying time.

Take a video...preferably one with really good sound. Let us know how it works out. We're all very interested in this.

And...what the #### is a klim?
If you washed it in hot water wouldnt it shrink more when you dry it and have more btus in a smaller space.

If you over cook your wood in the oven, it's all soft and floppy kinda like an overcooked carrot. Not much good for anything anymore if you know what I mean (nudge nudge, wink wink).

Ian

don't forget to throw in one of those nice smelly fabric sheets....makes the wood smell so nice....lol

cajun

gets the wood too dirty, use ball bearings...about 50 or so will work.

Might want to offer some hearing protection to the neighbors though. Or maybe just offer them some of the nice dry firewood and they'll ignore the noise, never know. One thing is for sure though, it'll be nice and tenderized when its all done :hmm3grin2orange:

Might want to offer some hearing protection to the neighbors though. Or maybe just offer them some of the nice dry firewood and they'll ignore the noise, never know. One thing is for sure though, it'll be nice and tenderized when its all done :hmm3grin2orange:

I wouldn't worry about it. Don't think the sound will last long enough to bother anyone. :ices_rofl:

Good point. I can only imagine what would happen to the dryer. Less you have one made out of plate iron with a gear drive, in which case... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :hmm3grin2orange:

I just had to see what was going on here.....LMAO!!!!!!

Those vids reming me of my Electrolux days.
I had a customer call for a new canister vac...appearantly his kid stuffed sand in his gas tank door on his truck so he wanted to do a good job or removing the sand.He takes the cap off and vacuumes out the sand only when the fumes hit the motor the motor blew right out the back of the canister...LOL
Poor front load washer!LOL
Poor roses!LOL
Who the heck thinks this stuff up anyway? LOL

Last edited:
Yep. Right under his name it says banned!:biggrinbounce2: I don't know what took so long. He could come up with some of the most off the wall crap, post it and then never reply.

The troll that started this thread shows banned....

...but why this was a great thread....now's there's another guy that is a lot more negative and arguementive that I'd at least give a time out too and he runs free....no justice in this world.

I'm saving this thread...whenevr I need to lighten up I'm coming back to that video of the dryer and that guy tossing a hunk of wood in it.LMAO still!!!!!

I was told if you put pine in the dryer, then add a few Victoria Secret pieces. Run for 30 minutes, Viola Hickory.

Last edited:
...but why this was a great thread....now's there's another guy that is a lot more negative and arguementive that I'd at least give a time out too and he runs free....no justice in this world.

I'm saving this thread...whenevr I need to lighten up I'm coming back to that video of the dryer and that guy tossing a hunk of wood in it.LMAO still!!!!!

From a look at his other posts, seems like he posted several times asking for free firewood in the Co's w/free firewood for p/u. Could be la raison.

And yes, the frontload meltdown is a classic.

Dissapointed in my self

:hmm3grin2orange: I managed to avoid this thread until this morning, then curiosity and free time got the best of me. Idle hands really are the devils playthings. I must admit though. I did enjoy the destruction and a few of you guys views on this.

Latest posts

Back