Earthquake MC33. *** Easy way to operate***😉😉

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It was an almost useless cultivator. One of member in the Arboristsite .com recommended to remove the wheels then let it go forward, drag it backwards

That way is 1000% better than what the factory recommended.

The Earthquake manufacturer should revise the owner manual instruction.
Jkk

I found out a couple years ago that a Mantis, similar to the earthquake, is probably the worse garden tool I have ever bought. Beats you to death, and like you it doesn't like to start easy and then takes a minute to warm up before it will rev up. It also doesnt like hard clay soils. It doesn't dig deep and leaves little ridges under the surface. I use mine to hill potatoes because it will fit between the rows with Potatoe leaves hanging out and not tear up the plants. I also use it in my small, raised beds to incorporate the last years mulch before planting new crops. To be honest, I almost took a sledgehammer to it the first year I owned it and the temptation returns every time I use it. Only benefit I see is its small enough to fit where my Troybuilt wont and it light enough to carry with one hand, will fit in the back of my car, and fast on my small beds. But if thats all I had to use in a large garden, I would quit gardening.

I found out a couple years ago that a Mantis, similar to the earthquake, is probably the worse garden tool I have ever bought. Beats you to death, and like you it doesn't like to start easy and then takes a minute to warm up before it will rev up. It also doesnt like hard clay soils. It doesn't dig deep and leaves little ridges under the surface. I use mine to hill potatoes because it will fit between the rows with Potatoe leaves hanging out and not tear up the plants. I also use it in my small, raised beds to incorporate the last years mulch before planting new crops. To be honest, I almost took a sledgehammer to it the first year I owned it and the temptation returns every time I use it. Only benefit I see is its small enough to fit where my Troybuilt wont and it light enough to carry with one hand, will fit in the back of my car, and fast on my small beds. But if thats all I had to use in a large garden, I would quit gardening.
Fully understand your frustration.
This small tiller I am using is for an enclosed garden like this area.
earth.jpg

and just tilling for removing some weeds in the garden.
Other than that, my BCS is the main tiller for my garden. (it is too heavy for me now..😩😩)
earth1.jpg
JKK

Latest posts

Back