Ebay misgivings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djones

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ok, is it me or are more people having trouble listing on ebay? I tried for over 2 hours to list a saw, called ebay, talked to an operator who took my info, tried to do something but I failed to notice any difference. This is not the first time I've had difficulty but the other times I was able to work around the problem. Today no luck. She told me to try back in an hour or so but to no avail, tried a different browser and that didn't help. I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw but i have some skills. So is it me or are there others out there in the etheral waves with ebay difficulties as well ??

i havn't tried to sell nothing on e-bay in about 6 months. but it might change though in the next few months when i get to many saws to keep in my shed LOL.

I sell things all the time on eBay, and a couple of parts saws in the last month or so.

I occasionally have buyer issues, but try my best to avoid them by using lots of photos, identifying _everything_ that is flawed in the items I'm selling, and try to over-communicate.

I did have someone do a charge-back on something I sold, but the PayPal dispute system covered the charge-back because I did everything by the book: responded back to PayPal, showed my shipping information, etc. I was frankly surprised - and in a good way.

I'm having problems getting my pictures the upload on Ebay. This problem seems to happen when I go a few days without listing something. Must be their way to punish me. Selling on Ebay is really starting to suck.

They are always changing formats, rules, policies, etc. It used to be a good thing until they ruined it, and they're still in the process.....

Well today I was back at it again and after yesterday's 3 hour fiasco I was not looking forward to more hassle and problems. I finally got my saw listed but it took 4 attempts to get it done, first it wouldn't let me even get past the "lets get started" section. After a couple of attempts at other category classifications, I was able to get to the next level, kinda like donkey kong or mario brothers. Next I tried posting my pictures but got hung up on the 2nd picture, back up go around and try again. On my 3rd try I got that straightened out, next came the description that didn't want me to write anything but another couple of tries fixed that. This is not my first day at ebay but it sure felt like it. They must have changed something because when I get to the shipping section they didn't ask me what the saw weighed to determined the cost but they did post a shipping price, lets hope it's right. And as I look at the web site I see that things change again next month, can't wait for that .

Well today I was back at it again and after yesterday's 3 hour fiasco I was not looking forward to more hassle and problems. I finally got my saw listed but it took 4 attempts to get it done, first it wouldn't let me even get past the "lets get started" section. After a couple of attempts at other category classifications, I was able to get to the next level, kinda like donkey kong or mario brothers. Next I tried posting my pictures but got hung up on the 2nd picture, back up go around and try again. On my 3rd try I got that straightened out, next came the description that didn't want me to write anything but another couple of tries fixed that. This is not my first day at ebay but it sure felt like it. They must have changed something because when I get to the shipping section they didn't ask me what the saw weighed to determined the cost but they did post a shipping price, lets hope it's right. And as I look at the web site I see that things change again next month, can't wait for that .

You guys must have your ebay set up a lot different than I do because I rarely have any trouble listing or posting pictures. I could understand that someone with dial-up might have difficulty with uploading pics. If you're not selling a rare saw just look for one like yours on ebay and click on "sell one like this". Then just put in your description and pics. I don't let them determine the postage because they usually don't get it right, there's a place you can put your own price in, don't put it too high though or they'll get onto you for it. I never even see the "Let's get started" part.

I havent had any real problems, but have never had any luck with the standard photo uploader. I always use basic. I dont know what my deal is, I have had the same problem on different pcs and connections speeds.

Yea, I am having trouble, last night and tonight as well. Somethings up I have never had any issues before.

I sold one of the nicest Stihl 011 saws I had ever had, near mint. The auction ended on March 11. I got a email yesterday from the guy who bought claiming not as described. He claimed it had an old air filter in it and the saw had no chain brake and one of the oil caps didn't have a spring in it. He had left me + feedback the week he received it. I answered him telling him the saw never had a chain brake and yes the air filter was old because the saw is actually old. The filter looked like new as the saw did. I also told him saws usually only have one oil cap and they don't have springs in them. He said he was reporting me to Ebay. I said report away. I have not heard from Ebay yet. It has been 43 days since the auction ended. I should have know better selling a saw to a guy that has violinguy as a user name.

Latest posts

Back