Ebay misgivings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody around here is too tight to buy anything...

Not only that but you broaden your potential customers buy a million! And I love paypal, my wife doesn't have access to my paypal account. If I sell locally she has access to the cash in my jeans :laugh:

To the OP, just posted on eBay a day ago, it's working ok for me.

I must have hit it in the middle of a maintenance program or something but it sure was frustrating having to restart your ad each time you got done with a section and go back and fill in the missing info then save and reload again and get to the next section and do the same thing again. I'm sorry, 3 hours of screwing around like that makes me an unhappy camper. Lets hope their maintenance is done for a while but looking at the new rules that go into effect I may just have to start selling elsewhere.

you can get free pics and video just tdo it in html format bro!!!!!till they start chargin for that LOL....im trying to clear my ole ones or ones i lost interest out... for awhile i was buying lots ugggg i was trippin over stuff LOL!i wanna rebuild me shop /shed i need room to build LMAO!!!!I hate to part wit parts its getting bad!!!!!!

My knowledge of this computer stuff is less than basic and I don't know lots of things that some of you do but I'm still trying to learn. Of course when I do learn most of it the rest of you will have moved to something else.

Not only that but you broaden your potential customers buy a million! And I love paypal, my wife doesn't have access to my paypal account. If I sell locally she has access to the cash in my jeans :laugh:

To the OP, just posted on eBay a day ago, it's working ok for me.

PayPal is another story, you seem to like it but there are horror stories out there about what they do to their customers. They haven't done much to me yet except collect fees every time I turn around. I really don't think they should charge a percentage of about 9% every time you put money into your account via ebay because a transaction is just a transaction, it doesn't cost them any more if you deposit $100 than if you deposit $30. They're like ebay in that they look for different ways to get your money. That's what happens when there is little competition.

PayPal is another story, you seem to like it but there are horror stories out there about what they do to their customers. They haven't done much to me yet except collect fees every time I turn around. I really don't think they should charge a percentage of about 9% every time you put money into your account via ebay because a transaction is just a transaction, it doesn't cost them any more if you deposit $100 than if you deposit $30. They're like ebay in that they look for different ways to get your money. That's what happens when there is little competition.

Like anything my friend you pay for convience.

I sold one of the nicest Stihl 011 saws I had ever had, near mint. The auction ended on March 11. I got a email yesterday from the guy who bought claiming not as described. He claimed it had an old air filter in it and the saw had no chain brake and one of the oil caps didn't have a spring in it. He had left me + feedback the week he received it. I answered him telling him the saw never had a chain brake and yes the air filter was old because the saw is actually old. The filter looked like new as the saw did. I also told him saws usually only have one oil cap and they don't have springs in them. He said he was reporting me to Ebay. I said report away. I have not heard from Ebay yet. It has been 43 days since the auction ended. I should have know better selling a saw to a guy that has violinguy as a user name.

What if his name was "fiddleguy" instead? Hmm...
Sounds like you got lucky because from what I understand Ebay usually rules with the buyer a lot of the time so maybe you scared him off lol.
As far as listing stuff I sometimes have problems but its usually due to the site being busy (don't try to list on a Saturday morning, etc.) or from something to do with your internet connection (sometimes mine gets slow). I also agree that one of the photo uploaders works for me and the other sometimes doesn't but I can't remember which.

Latest posts

Back