Echo CS-500P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not sure that individual ebay sellers who list a lot of nib echo saws could get away with selling stolen saws; it seems that sooner or later they would get caught. Maybe echo periodically unloads saws dirt cheap???
not saying it doesn't happen, but until now all my echos' came off ebay, and i have never received a hot one. I always buy from a seller with good rep, and lots of it. I run the s/n before i buy, ifigure if the seller is not selling hot saws,they won't have a problem giving me the s/n.

I would be looking for 3/8 chain, not 325.

What Oregon bar mount is this saw set up for ? Oregon doesn't list it yet in their app guide.

I would be looking for 3/8 chain, not 325.

What Oregon bar mount is this saw set up for ? Oregon doesn't list it yet in their app guide.

Poulan style Oregon A041 mount. Not sure why you'd want to run 3/8" on it, but you'd just have to switch the rim.

I'm not sure that individual eBay sellers who list a lot of NIB Echo saws could get away with selling stolen saws; it seems that sooner or later they would get caught. Maybe Echo periodically unloads saws dirt cheap???

not saying it doesn't happen, but until now all my echos' came off ebay, and i have never received a hot one. I always buy from a seller with good rep, and lots of it. I run the s/n before i buy, ifigure if the seller is not selling hot saws,they won't have a problem giving me the s/n.

STIHLTHEDEERE, when you qouted me the capitalizations didn't show, which makes me look lazy and/or uneducated. I'm curious, did you remove them, or was it a software glitch?

I have a 500p and i like it so far.It ran good stock but runs alot better muffler moded.

Last edited:
I found a CS-500P at a dealer in WA and took a look at it - nice saw although I've never even considered buying an Echo. But, since it was designed by Shindaiwa I'm interested.

Anyone else running one?

I'd like to use the Oregon K041 bar mount since I have spare bars and chains. Any idea if this mount will work with the oil slot?

Thanks

I saw one at the dealership just the other day for the first time and man is it light! If that model is an improvement on the 530, it's going to be impressive. It appeared to be a slimmed down version of my 600P, more or less, with the outboard clutch and felt air filter and if I didn't like my 530 so much I'd scoop it up in a heartbeat. Sure nice to see a pro saw go down in weight, I know that.

The only thing is, and this is a personal preference thing, is that any brand new saw on any shelf looks sad with no crud on it. Pretty much like a new truck looks too. I almost feel sorry for it. :cry:

Well I just picked up the Echoshindaiwa CS-500P and I'm impressed so far.

Edge and Engine had some great pics earlier in this post... I'm going to dig in to the muffler and carb limiters and posts pics of those details.

A local Stihl dealer I go to had never seen one but ordered it in for me. Turns out that the Oregon K041 mount works, so I can run a 20" Microlite with 3/8 chain ( I know the world is going to .325 but I'm all set up for 3/8 on the other saws).

Surprise, no CAT no baffle

Took the CS500P apart and here are some pics.

Biggest surprise is the muffler is wide open, no center baffle, no CAT, with just a very restrictive outlet /deflector that can easily be opened up without doing any internal mods.

Carb limiter screws are plastic and I hope will pop out.

Here are a few more pics. Simple design, interesting chain adjuster, easy to work on. Need to get it in some wood and see how it works!

The only odd thing I see is the starter assist spring, which makes no sense for a "pro" saw, but as long as it doesn't break we'll live with it.

I got to get my hands on a new 500P today, didn't get to run it. Echo has come a long way imho with this design. It's weight and small frame size kind og reminded me of slightly enlarged MS 211. To be perfectly honest I was impressed with the little saw, just from the improved ergonomics/handling/weight. I have not been overly impressed with echo saws in the past, always have respected the quality of trimmers and blowers and have been a big Shinny string trimmer fan, having bought a couple in the last two years.
Echo has greatly improved their line up according to my dealer who was at the point of dropping them, he usually only carried the minimum inventory required, usually just a couple of saws, lots of string trimmers and blowers, today he had at least 10/12' of saws. I wish I had been able to cut with one, it appeared to be every bit as well built and constructed as the 346xpne. Kudo's to Echo/Shinny for reacting to the market.
If I were a person needing a saw for personal use, I'd sure consider one. The dealer thinks they clearly outperform any of the previous models in the same cc class. His only concern is the back end support from Echo on reembursing the dealer, he said in the past it has been horrible, the warranty has not been worth a damn, he seems to think they are going to improve this as well.
Imho they are introducing a a very competitive line of saws that is going to give the box store huskies a real run for their money. Total perspective change just based on what I saw today, I don't see them impacting Stihl's pro line up any, but I'm looking forward to running a 500 just to see how they compare to others in wood. Good stuff, echo dealers needed a revamped line up.

I got to get my hands on a new 500P today, didn't get to run it. Echo has come a long way imho with this design. It's weight and small frame size kind og reminded me of slightly enlarged MS 211. To be perfectly honest I was impressed with the little saw, just from the improved ergonomics/handling/weight. I have not been overly impressed with echo saws in the past, always have respected the quality of trimmers and blowers and have been a big Shinny string trimmer fan, having bought a couple in the last two years.
Echo has greatly improved their line up according to my dealer who was at the point of dropping them, he usually only carried the minimum inventory required, usually just a couple of saws, lots of string trimmers and blowers, today he had at least 10/12' of saws. I wish I had been able to cut with one, it appeared to be every bit as well built and constructed as the 346xpne. Kudo's to Echo/Shinny for reacting to the market.
If I were a person needing a saw for personal use, I'd sure consider one. The dealer thinks they clearly outperform any of the previous models in the same cc class. His only concern is the back end support from Echo on reembursing the dealer, he said in the past it has been horrible, the warranty has not been worth a damn, he seems to think they are going to improve this as well.
Imho they are introducing a a very competitive line of saws that is going to give the box store huskies a real run for their money. Total perspective change just based on what I saw today, I don't see them impacting Stihl's pro line up any, but I'm looking forward to running a 500 just to see how they compare to others in wood. Good stuff, echo dealers needed a revamped line up.

Echo has been making good saws for at least 10 years, my CS510 will run with any 50cc saw out there. Also it handles as good or better than most as all newer Echo saws do. Steve

Echo has been making good saws for at least 1 year... Also their plastic handles are as good or better than most.. Steve

Yes Echo makes lovely plastic but the 1 year thing is a bit of an exaggeration

Latest posts

Back