Echo cs-680 oil pump issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffdog1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My newly acquired cs-680 is not oiling. I see that there is a bronze push pressed onto the crank, but how to I get the big arse washed/cover off the outside of the pump??echo oiler.jpg

Well sorted out. First time I have ever really delved into an echo. Very nicely made - built to last. The reason they are heavy includes the fact that they are overbuilt in key ares, including the oil pump. It uses a pressed on crank brass worm gear, and then the oil pump is held in place with a big pressed on steel washer with a separate cover over that, not to mention a manual oilier in conjunction with the auto one. Makes husky ones look pretty cheap and nasty. All good to go as a back up saw.
echo 1.jpg echo 2.jpg echo 3.jpg

Glad you got it sorted. I looked on youtube and I could see a fellow pressing off the bronze worm gear from the crank using a special tool, but he didn't show how he got the washer/cover off. From your photo, the cover appears to have a hole (two?). Are those holes threaded so the cover/ washer can be pulled off with a puller? Did you find the plastic gear inside was broken? There is an echo CS-680 near me (Utah, western US) for $400. If I needed one...

Yeah that's how it works. Lots of pressing and pulling and need for special tools!!!! My Saw has the brinze gear. Just had a clogged up oil line.

Back