Echo's new top handle: CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mitch,

Are those saws stock or modded?. I remember hearing how some little echo's respond really well to porting.

Adam

Mitch,

Are those saws stock or modded?. I remember hearing how some little echo's respond really well to porting.

Adam

Saws by Mastermind and Brad Snelling. The Shinny is stock lol.

Even a fly by hack can make an Echo quick :confused2:

[video=youtube_share;X3f40udsapI]http://youtu.be/X3f40udsapI[/video]

Build quality on the current Echo/Shinny line is on par with the big three IMHO

there's way too many threads with the word echo in them, shouldn't be tolerated, numbskulls like this onthelevel monkey probably voted for loser romney btw. all the creeps here getting shirty about their junk red jappo chainsaws would have too, clueless as ever

Come on guys.....

Can't you see that he's got a different sense of humour? Don't forget where he lives. Things are, well,...... different there. A country with more sheep than people has it's draw backs. After all, it's hard to hone his comedian's skills when he's doing stand up for the flock.

Just imagine......

PPG is dazzling the herd with a routine he's been polishing for months. He lays down an awesome punch line, fakes a drum roll and cymbals, waits for the sheep to start rolling in the field and all he sees and hears is the same old: baaaah, baaaah, baaaah.

So, bewildered, he stands there on his stump that he hewed with a borrowed Echo (his Stihl wouldn't start), wondering, as usual, was that a ha-ha baaa, or a booo baaa? Sheep are a tough crowd.

So, we have to understand that old PPG is "humourously challenged" and not take what he says seriously.

there's way too many threads with the word echo in them, shouldn't be tolerated, numbskulls like this onthelevel monkey probably voted for loser romney btw. all the creeps here getting shirty about their junk red jappo chainsaws would have too, clueless as ever

The way I understand this is that Echo's are ppg's hot ex-girlfriend that he can't get over. She is fine with him, likes him even, but he has guilt. Someday he'll miss Echo so much he swallows his pride and they'll get back together. To bed with the both of them for a little hot make up lovin'. If the hut is rockin' don't come knockin':laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

Back to the original subject matter, the CS-355T. I just got a demo from our Echo rep to put a few tanks through over the weekend and break it in. I started it in the shop and the sound from the muffler was very crisp and it revved very quickly. Only time will tell but if its as good as a 600P or 500P then they are definetly on the right track. If only we could get a 65 or 70cc saw in the 600P chassis, then we'd be rockin.:rock::rock:

I've managed to put 6 tanks of mix through the 355t this weekend, and it is above and beyond what I was expecting from the spec sheet. It revs fast, its comfortable in the hand, the exhaust note is awesome, and it has as much if not more power than a cs-400. I cut everything from white oak to alder, nothing bigger than 10" diameter and was impressed with each cut. The factory carb setings are spot on as well, it four strokes with no load and is very crisp in the cut. I'm going to put a tach to it on Tuesday when I go back to work just to see what it spools up to. If I needed a top handle saw, this would be it.
And I was running it on Red Armor Shindaiwa oil, no smoke or smell whatsoever.

I've managed to put 6 tanks of mix through the 355t this weekend, and it is above and beyond what I was expecting from the spec sheet. It revs fast, its comfortable in the hand, the exhaust note is awesome, and it has as much if not more power than a cs-400. I cut everything from white oak to alder, nothing bigger than 10" diameter and was impressed with each cut. The factory carb setings are spot on as well, it four strokes with no load and is very crisp in the cut. I'm going to put a tach to it on Tuesday when I go back to work just to see what it spools up to. If I needed a top handle saw, this would be it.
And I was running it on Red Armor Shindaiwa oil, no smoke or smell whatsoever.

More power than a stock CS400 or a muff modded CS400? A big difference with a muff modd. I'd guess a 355t would improve a lot with a muff modd also. Steve

More power than a stock CS400 or a muff modded CS400? A big difference with a muff modd. I'd guess a 355t would improve a lot with a muff modd also. Steve

I guess the question here would be does it have a converter or is the muffler unrestricted? I've seen some new Echos with mufflers that are not much more than an empty box.
I just got a new 680. First thing I did was look at the muffler. No cat, not much in the way of restriction in any form for that matter.

I guess the question here would be does it have a converter or is the muffler unrestricted? I've seen some new Echos with mufflers that are not much more than an empty box.
I just got a new 680. First thing I did was look at the muffler. No cat, not much in the way of restriction in any form for that matter.

The CS400 saws come with a cat and make hugh improvements when removed and opened up some, don't know about the 355t.i

I have a couple of CS670 saws that cut real good with a little muff modd and properly tuned, no cats in them. Steve

Yes, I have a 370 and a 341, both had cats in them. Opening up the mufflers and pulling the limiters so as to set the carbs right made a big difference.

my likes.and dislikes

I bought the new echo 355t and just pulled the spark arraster I gotta say im really impressed with the power and balence of this saw the only thing I dont are the small fill holes.

I just warmed one up, made a few cuts and put a tach on it, 14,200 on the rich gurgly side. When it went over to the lean side it jumped to 15,150.:rock::rock::rock:

I didn't have anyone to hold the tach in a cut, but its fast and crisp.

thats the only complaint i hear around here about them. all the top handles echo makes are a pain to fill.

Amen, that's why I fill my 360 out of a smaller fuel bottle instead of my big gas can. Much less sloppy.

Latest posts

Back