&^%$#@! Employees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds like someones trying to get the young crowd fired up. Dont fall for it. There is no way to prove yourself on a forum. Go out work, try to have fun doing it, and hopefully make some money, get home safe everyday. I hate when these forums get stupid like this one has. I am now dumber for having read this forum.

What you really hate most is when the forum starts hitting close to home.

Am I married to my children's mother?

What about the baby boomers that sold out freedom to the man? Do you even know what freedom is? It ain't in your mortgage payment or the note that you carry on your bucket truck, I can tell you that. Fact is, most people my age that I know don't even have children because they have seen what a drain your supposed American dream can be. Who wants to have kids they can't afford? who wants to work 60 hours a week and never see their wives because the wives are having to work 60 hours a week too?
Let's face it, we younger folks have been shown the hypocrisy of the generations now in power and don't want to live in the apathetic pseudo-happiness of the supposed American dream, we now have more than 2 news sources, we have many different media sources available to us than you did. Craftsmanship is dead in America, work ethic is endangered, and I assure you, we didn't do it. We were just lucky enough to have been taught something closer to the truth of the foilbles of this supposed land of the free than previous generations. I read your history books, and sorry, Colombus did not discover America. So don't be angry that we think differently than you, be happy that we are on track to change this bullsh*t system of delegate democracy. Why not read something other than Arbor age for your world view, you might get a clearer picture.
So, for the record, I don't have children, I don't do drugs, but I really don't think any of this really has much to do with my breeding habits anyway.

How many Baby Boomers are divored?

How many Irish are alcoholic? How many gen Xers smoked their first joint with their friend's single parents? We learn from the society we live in, we are products of our environments, some of us are fortunate enough to be compelled to look a little more closely at the things around us and what has been accepted as fact. Sorry man, but the sheep have stopped listening to the sheperd just because he's the sheperd. Respect is not inherent, nor should it be. Respect your employees, and they will respect you. This has nothing to do with a time clock or busted equipment or the fact that somebody was born in 1980 or 1970 or 1960, for that matter. Treat people poorly and they will respond poorly. Invest some time in getting to know who your employees are, find out what motivates them, mutual satisfaction is a two way street.

Treeinnovator said:
the only thing Gen Xer's smell is the interior of the brand new Lexus mommy and daddy bought for them when they got a "c" average on their report card. every punk kid i dealt with from age 20 to 29 seriously believed that if they went to college, partied and took a few tests... they came out expecting...i mean OWED an $80,000 job from the 1st day. time to wake up. how's that house hunting going? i love hearing the stories about the gen Xer's not being able to afford a high priced house that all us REAL MEN had to earn.
I'm an X'er. Can you tell me how to be a real man, Treed?

I guess I am X'r

I fit the age anyway, I wasn't into video games or any of that crap though. I started on a shovel when I was twelve years old and have been working ever since. I have seen hard and easy times. Is my generation a wreck, yea, and its their own damb fault. I cant believe some of the people my age that I know, how could they grow up so stupid??? Also the amount of childhood friends that I had that grew up to be crackheads?? This "generation" is the reason why they can only get paid $10 an hour. Sit at home and whine you lazy bastards... More for me HAHAHAHAHAHAA....

Also, I know as many worthless old farts as young ones.

I'm still waiting for your explanation buffy. I was good enough to answer your questions honestly.

Do you think your moral highground somehow makes you better?

Are you just a bomb-tossing cyber tuff guy?? Its funny to me that the biggest gen X bashers on this thread have no info in their profiles..................guttless

Last edited:
I know you want me to say something but I do not know what to tell you. I am just not as unhappy with life as so many others here are. But in life, I will say that most of the problems we have are of our own making.

Some complain that their employer will not buy them work shoes and clothes. It sort of reminds me of that little creature in the Lord of the Rings who kept waiting for his master to give him clothes. Some want their employer to discover what movitaves them. House payments, utilities, grocery bills and car notes are all it takes to motivate most individuals. You have to understand that your employer is not running a twelve step program or frat house. Most people come to work with their own motivation. I never had an employer who seemed interested in my motivation, if I had any or if he could give me some of his. I am not sure that someone else can give it to you if you do not have some of your own. I read here also that some grown men complain that they have no education because their parents would not pay for it. I guess they are still waiting for someone to discover a motivation for them to pay for their own education.

SPACEMULE...You are asking for someone to tell you how to be a real man.

It may help if I tell you about my father who died in 1994. He was a real man. My father stayed on the same job for 39 years. I never knew him to take a sick day or day off for any other reason other than scheduled vacation time. When I was older I realized that my father had spend all of his money on his family and none on himself. I never saw him drunk and he never took drugs. He was married to my mother for 56 years before death separated them. My father never cursed in front of the family and I am pretty sure that he did not do it elsewhere either. He was an honest man with a kind of build in dignity that people recognized and respected.

I am sure that I must have disappointed my father from time to time when I was young. But my father never disappointed me. He was a real man.

It may help if I tell you about my father who died in 1994. He was a real man. My father stayed on the same job for 39 years. I never knew him to take a sick day or day off for any other reason other than scheduled vacation time. When I was older I realized that my father had spent all of his money on his family and none on himself. I never saw him drunk and he never took drugs. He was married to my mother for 56 years before death separated them. My father never cursed in front of the family and I am pretty sure that he did not do it elsewhere either. He was an honest man with a kind of build in dignity that people recognized and respected.

I am sure that when I was young I must have disappointed my father from time to time. But my father never disappointed me. He was a real man.

buff said:

It may help if I tell you about my father who died in 1994. He was a real man. My father stayed on the same job for 39 years. I never knew him to take a sick day or day off for any other reason other than scheduled vacation time. When I was older I realized that my father had spent all of his money on his family and none on himself. I never saw him drunk and he never took drugs. He was married to my mother for 56 years before death separated them. My father never cursed in front of the family and I am pretty sure that he did not do it elsewhere either. He was an honest man with a kind of build in dignity that people recognized and respected.

I am sure that when I was young I must have disappointed my father from time to time. But my father never disappointed me. He was a real man.

If that's true it looks like the apple fell pretty far from the tree. I've been noticing your posts for a while now and I see nothing but a rude and classless punk.

This is a good site. Shut your mouth and read and you might make your dad proud.

B1rdman......I never took drugs. I graduated from college and have lived debt free on my farm for the past 15 years. I keep more cash in my sock drawer than you make in a year and I drive a Corvette. In addition to my income from investments and rentals, my wife makes $80,000 annually. What have you been doing with your life? Are you caught up on your child support? Was that too classless to ask? About this being a good site...There are too many cry babies like you here.

buff said:
B1rdman......I never took drugs. I keep more cash in my sock drawer than you make in a year and I drive a Corvette.
Birdman, I get it now, Buff doesn't do drugs, he deals them, probably to kids.

Spam

once again you cant prove yourself on any forum no matter if you make this much and drive this car and live free and clear on your farm which was probably left to you by your dad. Your not impressing or scaring anyone here. Get off your box and look in the mirror, save your foul attitude for another forum, no one here wants to waist time reading your posts. need only real people here who bust their a** everyday. No spam posts here. http://www.arboristsite.com/images/smilies/spam.gif
:spam:

Here are a couple more sore heads who did not get any education because their mama would not pay for it. Hey, that woman you guys are living with that works part time at Walmart...you need to let it go and spend more time and money on your children. Get caught up on your child support.

buff said:
I know you want me to say something but I do not know what to tell you. I am just not as unhappy with life as so many others here are. But in life, I will say that most of the problems we have are of our own making.

Some complain that their employer will not buy them work shoes and clothes. It sort of reminds me of that little creature in the Lord of the Rings who kept waiting for his master to give him clothes. Some want their employer to discover what movitaves them. House payments, utilities, grocery bills and car notes are all it takes to motivate most individuals. You have to understand that your employer is not running a twelve step program or frat house. Most people come to work with their own motivation. I never had an employer who seemed interested in my motivation, if I had any or if he could give me some of his. I am not sure that someone else can give it to you if you do not have some of your own. I read here also that some grown men complain that they have no education because their parents would not pay for it. I guess they are still waiting for someone to discover a motivation for them to pay for their own education.

that was a great response. i totally agree. why is it always the boss who has to light a fire under the employee's a$$ these days. it's called WORK.

every employee knows that they are going to work NOT PLAY. this is the problem with all these 20 something guys. they are a truly lazy generation.

Hahahaha

:deadhorse:

edit;oh wait im 31 do i still qualify as an x'r?

What does happen when u drink n post?

Latest posts

Back