Ethanol-free gas in the U.S. and Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how bad is it to run non-ethanol-free gasoline mix?

Leave it sit in your saw for extended periods, I believe it attracts moisture, and shortens the life of fuel lines, carb gaskets and diaphrams, and shortens the useful life of fuel. Other than that it's great stuff...:mad:

Be careful using that site....don't follow it blindly. Some of the stations shown are outdated. If you do find one which is outdated please update it accordingly. I've used that site for my cars for quite a few years and have added/edited/deleted stations as needed around my area.

No stations listed for New Jersey.:msp_mad:

Your governor, Chris Christie. ate all the corn in the state of New Jersey and there was none left to turn into ethanol.:hmm3grin2orange:

You ought to be covered up with ethanol-free gas.

Last edited:
Yeah, Christie ate all the corn then went after your guns.

With that said, I have heard 93 octane is ethanol free. Is this true?

+1

Leave it sit in your saw for extended periods, I believe it attracts moisture, and shortens the life of fuel lines, carb gaskets and diaphrams, and shortens the useful life of fuel. Other than that it's great stuff...:mad:

yes all those bad things, Plus, to make matters worse,,,, it easily separates out of suspension with conventional (Dino) two stroke oil mix oil... and if it seprates out from sitting and not being used and you go run your saw with it like that, in about 30 seconds it will be scored!!! Not even kidding,,,, It is bad Ju Ju!!!!!

yes all those bad things, Plus, to make matters worse,,,, it easily separates out of suspension with conventional (Dino) two stroke oil mix oil... and if it seprates out from sitting and not being used and you go run your saw with it like that, in about 30 seconds it will be scored!!! Not even kidding,,,, It is bad Ju Ju!!!!!

Thats good to know.....another reason to continue using Stihl Ultra. I guess ethanol will not seperate in mix with synthetic oil ?

Back