Ethanol-free gas in the U.S. and Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ethanol gas also eats through aluminum honda carbs as well. I buy 100ll and mix it 50/1 with Amsoil and run it in all my small engines, two stroke or four stroke.

There's a recall on the Stihl gas flippy-caps (for some reason it only applies to Kombis, trimmers, etc. but I was assured by Email that they would honor it if I brought in a cap from any motor); for guess what? The plastic deforms in the presence of _some_ fuel additives, including ALCOHOL....

Thats good to know.....another reason to continue using Stihl Ultra. I guess ethanol will not seperate in mix with synthetic oil ?

Yes Ultra was specifically engineered by Stihl to stay in suspension in ethanol tainted fuel applications and not separate as easily,,, It is about all I use anymore, I bought a gallon about two years ago and it is about time for another,
I am fortunate and have access to non ethanol fuel so I guess I am Blessed in that regard,,, and in many other ways also,,,:angeln:

This pic was from last fall. I had just bought two Stihl piggyback cans (aka Dolmars) from England via ebay. They are nice non-CARB spout simple cans. They are nearly clear instead of red. That is the only thing I don't like about them. You can jut see one to Cody's left. What really surprised me was how long I had to shake the can to get the mix oil to fully mix in with the gasoline. I have changed from 30 seconds or so to at least two minutes of shaking.

Santmyer Oil in Ashland, Ohio has ethanol free gas at the pump now (off to the side by the offroad fuel). Thought you Ohio guys would like to know. I went to Ashland today, but didnt make it up there to get any. I will next time I am out. I have been getting it at the marina, but seems as though the pumps may be covered in water with this flooding... :msp_sneaky:

yeah buddy!!!!

Santmyer Oil in Ashland, Ohio has ethanol free gas at the pump now (off to the side by the offroad fuel). Thought you Ohio guys would like to know. I went to Ashland today, but didnt make it up there to get any. I will next time I am out. I have been getting it at the marina, but seems as though the pumps may be covered in water with this flooding... :msp_sneaky:

I hear you on the rain/flooding!!!! I got stuck yesterday in the Cleveland Airport,,, they delayed my flight 3 times before they final cancelled it. Had me going into Baltimore, then rerouted me through Nashville via Louisville:bang: then back to Nashville... I saw lots of flooding and chocolate looking water around Cleveland:bang:

We've got two stations now selling non-e 89 octane, $3.79gal. Shell & BP. I always test each batch I buy just to be sure.

Shell told me all Gold Premium fuel in Canada is totally E free and always will be, unless laws change and force the evil fluid on us totally.
As well all of their marine grade fuel is E free, all of it.
In regards to marine Esso said the same, but they cant guarantee their premium fuel at stations is free.
They said so.

What are you guys paying for E Free gas?? The marina 10 minutes from my house has it for $4.89 a gallon is that high? Thats about $1.35 more that E10.

EEK, do they at least buy you a drink before bending you over? Here, where the no-alcohol gaso is available, it's just sold as "Premium", usu. 20-30 cents higher per gallon than the 87-octane regular. 89-octane "plus" gaso is usu. in between, about 10-15 cents higher than 87.

EEK, do they at least buy you a drink before bending you over? Here, where the no-alcohol gaso is available, it's just sold as "Premium", usu. 20-30 cents higher per gallon than the 87-octane regular. 89-octane "plus" gaso is usu. in between, about 10-15 cents higher than 87.

It was $4.95 today however the only place that sells it within 50 miles of me is a marina 10 miles from me and marinas charge more anyways.

Latest posts

Back