Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great vids, keep them coming. If anybody is looking for a new camera I would suggest the Kodak Playsport. It shoots in HD as well as it is waterproof up to 3m (~10ft) so you don't have to be over-protective of it getting wet. The vid I posted a few pages back was shot with one. The video itself kinda sucks (gf was filming) but the sound and picture on those cameras are pretty good for as inexpensive as they are!

Not enough zoom for me. My bulky sometimes out of focus camera can be used as a binocular. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I read the owner's manual. There wasn't anything to learn in it. Maybe I need to practice more.

Not enough zoom for me. My bulky sometimes out of focus camera can be used as a binocular. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I read the owner's manual. There wasn't anything to learn in it. Maybe I need to practice more.

Yeah, that is my one gripe about the Kodak actually. I haven't used mine enough to really determine how much of an issue it will be.

Good clip Jameson! Glad to see you're still out there keeping the skills sharp.

Joe, nice pics! The tip tracks give those pics a little scale. How's the new gig? Are you boring the face mostly because you can't hit the down hill side or just taking more pull out of the equation?

Great description of that sunrise beam coming through the face bore a while back. Those are the moments.

Looking at the pics again I kind of answered my own question. Those pics sure show theres more than one way to skin one.

Last edited:
More boring than I'd like but it tends that way when you're patch is heavier to oak over poplar. I had a super gravy patch of poplar but it was mostly hauled out and I really mostly wanted to share a selection of techniques. Boring the heart sometimes to reach through to cut off the off side, sometimes to care for the butt log.

Yes, my light through the kerf moment was spectacular. The gig is good, I have a few more of the days of the less than good falling before I get back to the good prime falling, take the good with the bad. Isn't that bad anyhow.

Last edited:
Sum pix... t'day...

170624d1296612935-maple-day-2-004-jpg

170625d1296612980-maple-day-2-005-jpg

170626d1296612981-maple-day-2-008-jpg

170627d1296612983-maple-day-2-009-jpg

Gary

You dig those gloves? LOL... they are the poly-cotton-knit thingys from Northstar Glove Co. Same cats that make White Ox gloves. The red ones are the same ones as the white ones that all the fallers usually wear, but just...RED. LOL :laugh:

I was cuttin' on a tract of land on Fidalgo Island near Anacortes, WA. Prolly one of the higher spots on the Island. But was fairly flat on top where we were cuttin. But some were on the side hill too...

Gary

You dig those gloves? LOL... they are the poly-cotton-knit thingys from Northstar Glove Co. Same cats that make White Ox gloves. The red ones are the same ones as the white ones that all the fallers usually wear, but just...RED. LOL :laugh:

I was cuttin' on a tract of land on Fidalgo Island near Anacortes, WA. Prolly one of the higher spots on the Island. But was fairly flat on top where we were cuttin. But some were on the side hill too...

Gary

Hmmm. Maybe I'll dye some pink. I was staggering around on a vertical side today.
Just swallowed some vitamin I as the knees are feeling it. Back again tomorrow.
Oh Joy! It could be worse. I'm only carrying cans of paint, no haywire or saws.

Latest posts

Back